• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bean

1. valve spring breaking common in 3.0's?

Driving into work yesterday all of the sudden my truck starts running like crap. Didn't get very far but got it back home. Dug into the problem and found that I had lost compression on the #3 cylinder. Dug little further and found that a valve spring broke. This truck is an 03 with only 104k on...
  2. ac blows out the defroster ducts

my ac started blowing out the defroster and I can't change it. is the switch itself bad or what?
  3. anti freeze

i've been told the anti freeze needs to be replaced at 100k. I'm about to hit that and was just wondering what is speced for our trucks. What should I use?
  4. still hard to put gas in

please help! i was having problems pumping gas into my truck. i could get only a few cents at a time then it would stop. someone on here told me to start pumping gas with the nozzle upside down. that seemed to help for a while but its now cutting off with the nozzle upside down. What's the deal?
  5. hard to put gas in

my 03 is giving me a hard time in that it's hard to fill with gas. i have to pump it really slow and it takes forever. Why can't i put it in faster? When i try the pump stops as though its full. It's driving me crazy please help me.
  6. my truck is eating belts

the other day the belt on my 03 ranger with the 3.0 broke. look like it ripped. the truck has about 65k on it and it looked like the original belt. so i replace it and within 3 days this belts rips as well right on the edge. take it back think it was defecting and get another. within a couple of...
  7. help with fuel filter

is there some magic trick to changing the fuel filter? I've got the tool to disengage the line from the fiter but there is not enough space between the line and the filter to get in. any suggestions? am i doing something wrong?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad