• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bduke23

1. bduke23

Spare Tire Mount Fix/Improvement

Having my spare tire in my bed has really started to annoy me. I like how easy it is to get at, but I have only needed it once in the last year and some, and always having to move it around or take it out whenever I want to put anything of any size in my bed is a real annoyance. So, I have...
  2. bduke23

How do I fix this?

While recently adding oil to my truck in a Canadian Tire Parking lot, I noticed this leak in my passenger side manifold on the rear cylinder. I am actually somewhat happy for this leak, because I have been hearing a "ticking" for quite a while and though that it was my heads, being a high...
  3. bduke23

I hope its just my oil pressure gauge...

On a recent three hour road trip home to visit my parents, I noticed that my oil pressure gauge started going all over the place. It would read anywhere from the "n" to the "a" in "NORMAL" on the gauge, and would change from side to side quite quickly. Everything felt and sounded the same about...
  4. bduke23

James Duff vs Skyjacker Shocks?

My truck is in pretty serious need of new shocks, as a couple have holes in them and I need to replace the front anyway because I levelled it. The two I have been looking at are the shocks by James Duff, or the Nitro shocks by Skyjacker. What I like about the JD are they are a little cheaper...
  5. bduke23

I've had a busy month...

I've been away from TRS too long, started gettin the shakes at work today... at my new job!! That's right, I am no longer an archery tech at a hunting store. My education is finally starting to pay off, as last Monday I started as an Intern at the Saskatoon Plant for CNH (Case New Holland). And...
  6. bduke23

Truck Idle Issues

Posting this here instead of in the 3.0L forums because I am not sure if this is specifically a 3.0L problem. My truck started acting up the other day. When shifting gears, the idle would sometimes randomly skyrocket to 3500 rpm. I figured no brainer, its the IAC. I had one that I had ordered...
  7. bduke23

Truck won't start, need help

Not sure where to post this as I am unsure what is wrong. Went out to the truck to start it and go to school, and it would not start. I thought maybe my battery had died, because it got very cold here last night. I hooked up my booster battery pack, lights and everything came on, but truck still...
  8. bduke23

How do you adjust the manual transfer case linkage?

I have only had 2h and 4h since I dropped the tranny to put in the new clutch. It goes into neutral, but doesn't go far enough to drop into 4lo. My haynes manual says I need to adjust the linkage if its ever removed, but has a very vague dscription of how and no pictures. Anyone know how, or...
  9. bduke23

Anyone using Mobil 1 ATF?

I want to change my tranny fluid to finish off my new clutch and slave. I heard lots of good things about Royal Purple Synchromax, but at $18 a quart up here its a bit too expensive. Has anyone used any of the Mobil 1 synthetics? If so which one? I saw on their site that there is a synthetic...
  10. bduke23

Shifter Bushing?

Changed my clutch this weekend, and when taking apart the manual t-case linkage, this happened. As I pulled out that huge main bolt in the linkage, a thin plastic looking bushing/sleeve came out with it, and basically disintegrated in my hand. I had to put it back together of course, so I just...
  11. bduke23

How do you remove manual t-case shifter?

I'm in a real time crunch tomorrow, in a span of 2-3 hours I am going to attempt to have my flywheel out to get it to a machine shop in time. Therefore, I will brave the cold tonight and do as much as I can, like remove the front driveshaft, skid plate, and pull of the shifter and stuff. How do...
  12. bduke23

Quick Washer Lift Questions

Tried searching, couldn't quite find an answer. I want to do the washer lift to level out my ranger whenever I get around to installing my new ball joints, so I can have it aligned all in one shot. Does anyone know how much lift is needed on the gen 3 (93-97) trucks to level them? I was...
  13. bduke23

Dragged a tractor with my Ranger today...

I was definately impressed with my truck today. I was borrowing a buddies garage to change my clutch and slave today, but first we had to get the not running tractor out of it... after kinda snowblowing a path for the tractor, I hitched on with a tow strap and let er buck... Dragged it a good...
  14. bduke23

Tips for changing clutch

Ordered a whole bunch of parts from RockAuto the other day, got a great deal as always and I noticed on my email that it shipped within an hour of me placing the order!:yahoo: Some of what I ordered was a new clutch and slave cylinder, since my slave is very near to shot and its getting very...
  15. bduke23

Tips for removing spindle

Tried changing my ball joints today. Everything went great up until removing the spindle :annoyed:. Bolts came off it fine, but I cannot get the spindle to seperate from the knuckle. I hammered and hammered against a 2x4 against the spindle from every angle, hammered on a chisel in the crack...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad