• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by basaraski

1. basaraski

1990 Ford Ranger 2.3 Crankshaft Sensor

UPDATE: removed intake side coil pack completely (one that was loose) and ran the truck. Runs fine now. Doesn't read RPM but I assume that's because coil pack is missing. Like you said, runs normal, just not a much power. So either shot coil pack, or ICM is sending weird signals to that side...
  2. basaraski

After correcting the wiring the truck seems to idle more normally at 1k. But trying to give it any gas, it's drops to 400/500 rpm, and then stutters and stall, leaving a very rich gas smell from exhaust. Tested all exhaust coils and they spark correctly. All the plugs om exhaust side were very...
  3. basaraski

Thanks for the help! The 4 wires on the CSS were already cut and re attached to the plug, and we're loose. So re connected them nicely, and re did the shield wire, because why not. Let me ask you more about the ICM. Before this happened, on the road, usually around 3/4 grand rpm in 3rd, 4th or...
  4. basaraski

Thanks for the help! The 4 wires on the CSS were already cut and re attached to the plug, and we're loose. So re connected them nicely, and re did the shield wire, because why not. Let me ask you more about the ICM. Before this happened, on the road, usually around 3/4 grand rpm in 3rd, 4th or...
  5. basaraski

So I bought this truck over a year ago. Wiring was a mess when I got it. Looks like a rats nest. The truck started stuttering a couple months ago, and completely died the other day. Signs point to the Crank sensor. It'll start, run like crap, and then stumble and stall. I have a question about...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad