• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by baddis

1. baddis

pats system

anyone have the link to what pats systems are in what trucks? I have been looking and can't find it in the tech library. I rolled my truck saturday and buying it back for the 5.0 and trans. I want to have them as a backup for the replacement truck
  2. baddis

big issue

I have a 00 excab 4x4 that was 3.0 auto and I swapped a 5.0 and 4r70w in it. I made sure to swap the computer, key tumbler, antenna ring, and pats module behind the passenger airbag before putting power to anything. I fired it up and it ran great for about 6 miles. I figured it was out of gas...
  3. baddis

hard plastic fuel lines

a while back I bought a 00 excab 4x4 with a bad engine. the previous owner drilled a hole in the gas tank since it was full. while I was dropping the tank I broke one of the plastic fittings on the pressure line coming out of the tank.FYI you can buy the ends and they have a fancy tool that...
  4. baddis

pulling my hair out

i am trying to get my 5.0 swap done and keep running into issues. I cut the steel line on the fuel rail when I pulled the 3.0 out and now I can't get the cut part disconnected from the line. I even pulled the spring out with a pick but it is just that stuck together. Also the shifter cable...
  5. baddis

Shifter hookup

Truck is a 00 ex cab 4x4 transfer is a 4r70w out of a 99 mounting. Do you need to flip the shift arm on the transmission? The cable just doesn't seem to line up right
  6. baddis

I did it now

I was talking with a dealer on a 14 ford fusion s this week. We made plans to drive 2 hours to look and more than likely buy it after I got off work yesterday. I got a call about an hour before I got off work and was informed the car sold. I called my wife and she wasn't happy at all. I had her...
  7. baddis

Had a great weekend

friday I got the 5.0, trans a tcase and disc 8.8 out of my 99 mountie and sunday the 3.0 trans and tcase out of my 3.0 ranger and got rid of the donor body. When did they change the tcase end of the drive shafts? I also got the output flange on the awd tcase changed. I still need to find a 3.73...
  8. baddis

couple questions

I am starting on my 5.0 swap from a 99 mounty to a 00 ranger and have a few questions trying to keep the cost down. I have searched and not found an answer to them yet. 1 it seems everyone is using a 4.0 radiator in the swap but can you use the 5.0 radiator? my truck was a 3.0 and somehow the...
  9. baddis

grrrrrrrrr

truck is a 93 4.0 4x4 5 speed. I bought the truck in october with a bad 5 speed. the truck sat until the beginning of feb until I had the spare cash for a 5 speed. We traveled 7 hours round trip to get a trans. here is where things go bad got the new trans installed and then the slave starts...
  10. baddis

clutch bleeding issues

I am working on a 93 Ranger 4.0 and m5od. I broke the clutch line while removing the trans and bought a replacement with the trans I bought. I couldn't get the new line out of the slave cylinder so I installed the trans and line together. Now the issue I am having is I can't seem to get any...
  11. baddis

it followed me home

about a year ago I bought a 00 ex cab 4x4 with a bad 3.0. I had been looking off and on for a swap for it whether it be another 3.0 a 4.0 or 5.0. I had not been having any luck finding one reasonably priced. Today out of the blue my nephew called up asking if I would be interested in a 5.0. I...
  12. baddis

to good to pass up

today I brought home a 93 standard cab 4x4, 4.0 5 speed manual hubs and windows no cruise truck. It belonged to my brother in laws neighbor. I put a clutch in 2 years ago. 5 speed went belly up and only has 4th gear. it was to good to pass up for $300 hope to get pics tomorrow
  13. baddis

couple questions

I have read and re read this thread http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/5_0_swap_in_newer_ranger.shtml and it doesn't mention the answers to the 2 questions I have. 1) i know on the older trucks you have to notch the heater box if you have ac, I have a 2000 and want to keep the ac do I...
  14. baddis

Soo....this week sucked the big one...

mine wasn't that bad now. worst part of my week was an auction for a parts truck was rescheduled and got pulled over in my work truck and got a ticket for improper marking of a rental vehicle that cost $127.50
  15. baddis

gas tank question

are the tanks the same between an xcab and regular cab? xcab is a 2000 and std cab is a 02

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad