• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by B2 Addict

1. B2 Addict

2.3L ('02-'11) Knock knock. Who's there?

The only problem with that is the knock only shows up when everything gets up to operating temp, it doesn't do it when it's cold. Will it hurt anything to try that once it gets warmed up?
  2. B2 Addict

Well, I'm back... The old alternator sounded like sandpaper when spinning the pulley and did show a slight ripple when tested so it didn't hurt to replace it. With that said, the new alternator seems to have stopped the speedometer needle from moving but the knock is still there.. I'm at a loss.
  3. B2 Addict

Thanks RonD, I'll give it a shot. It's pretty much nonexistent when the engine is cold. I can turn on headlights, blower motor, and put it in gear while cold and very rarely hear a very slight knock here and there. The alternator voltage tested perfect but it did show a slight flutter that was...
  4. B2 Addict

I've got an 03 Ranger, 2.3, automatic, 2wd that I'm absolutely sick of.. It has a "knock" that has developed under the hood, it only happens when the engine gets to operating temp at idle and I turn the headlights and/or put the transmission in gear with my foot on the brake. Otherwise it goes...
  5. B2 Addict

2.3L ('02-'11) 03 2.3 evap system question

I suppose another way to learn is to keep trying to figure it out on my own.
  6. B2 Addict

2.3L ('02-'11) 03 2.3 evap system question

My 03, 2.3 keeps setting the CEL as well as the check gas cap light. I have tried replacing the gas cap with no change.. I'm also getting what seems to be a random misfire but the only code I'm getting when I scan it is for the evap system. I also have to pump gas SUPER slow or it will shoot...
  7. B2 Addict

17x7.5 Crown Vic PI wheels on '03 2wd Ranger ??

I greatly appreciate each of yall, it's been a great help !! I've got enough confidence now to run em with spacers, I have zero experience with spacers and always heard a lot of negatives. I'll make sure they are installed correctly, thanks again yall !! I'll update with pics as I get to it.
  8. B2 Addict

Thank you rubydist, that's the best info yet. They are the factory Ford wheels straight off the car, I will make sure to check bore size. I know the look I'm going for but I'm not sure I'm 100% confident running that large of a spacer. I'll have to make a decision..
  9. B2 Addict

I'm getting a full set of free 17x7.5 CVPI wheels with the caps off an '07 Vic and I'm wanting to run them on my '03 2wd Ranger. Anyone know how fitment will be? Pics would be cool if anyone is running them. I plan on running them with a 3/5 drop..
  10. B2 Addict

03 5R44E 0715, 0717 DTC

03, 2.3, 2wd.. Recently installed a Remanufactured 5R44E trans.and installed new input and output speed sensors. Drove it app 700 miles and the OD light started flashing. I'm getting 0715 and 0717 DTCs. I tried replacing the input sensor with another new one but still having the same issue...
  11. B2 Addict

03 2.3/3.0 trans bell housing interchange?

Thank you sir, looking at used trans they were listing both for the 3.0 and I'm easily confused..
  12. B2 Addict

My '84 B2 since 1994......

Wow, I haven't been on here in years and need to do some updating. Lot of changes since this showoff thread was made, I'll try to update everything soon...
  13. B2 Addict

Thank you sir, I just need to get this thing on the road and the used 2.3 transmissions are double the price of the 3.0 ones for some reason. I plan on replacing the torque converter even with the used trans just because.. Are there differences in the torque converters between the two? Does it...
  14. B2 Addict

I have an 03 2.3, 2wd, auto that will not move in Drive or Reverse. 1st and 2nd will move it but it has a shudder. Can the auto trans be used from an 03 3.0 by changing the bellhousings?
  15. B2 Addict

Plymouth "Flex" 2.7 air intake difference

Wanting to replace my stock airbox for something less restrictive, looking at this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad