• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Astro_fusion

1. Astro_fusion

I cut the inner wheel well all the way out and made bolt in tubs like a hot rod for the back...

I cut the inner wheel well all the way out and made bolt in tubs like a hot rod for the back. The tub has a flange all the way around it that bolts to the floor and then the exterior wall.
  2. Astro_fusion

B2 4.0 Swap

They are out there... took me 2 weeks of keeping an eye on yard inventories here in socal. A brief search and I see 2 potential donors (kinda need to pick up a spare m5od), not sure what Florida has for pull your own part yards, but you're below the rust belt so explorers/navajos and...
  3. Astro_fusion

B2 4.0 Swap

Pretty sure a 4x4 M5OD does not share the same rear housing as the A4LD. The rear housing on the M5OD is structural to the reverse and overdrive clusters (locates the bearings). If you are buying a reman online they are assuming that you are replacing exactly what you have so you would already...
  4. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

First house...and the Super Deuce has a new prep/fab shop. Also knocked out a good 2-3000 miles of commuting in traffic to work the last 2 months with it, was my only vehicle! Lots of rain and lots or rev limiter! Still need to bring all my fab tools that are at my shop back home, then get this...
  5. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

First time running the Deuce on some rally roads with the new drivetrain. Works really well, feel like the SOHC makes better traction with it's flat torque curve vs trying to ring out the OHV. Last pics of where I grew up.
  6. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

Haha right on thanks! I do mostly aviation work now, so if you got any leads in Georgia I'd consider relocating my machines, half my friends just moved there. Still may need a lot of beer to attach that floor though!
  7. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

Went and yanked a fomoco box from the yard a few weeks back, did a flush and seal job on it along with all new all moog steering. This is now the 3rd steering box for this truck, box 2 (some autozone garbage) felt bad after 1 trip and was leaking all over the rig. Front coilovers also got a...
  8. Astro_fusion

ECU ECM for a 93 Ranger 4.0 OHV

Rockauto
  9. Astro_fusion

For Sale 1989 Bronco II and 1st Gen explorer

Need to make a cross country trip one of these days
  10. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

Might consider a supercharger down the road, especially if it sat lower, but for now I just want some good base miles again. Wheels are factory f150/bronco Alcoas. Not too sure what the exact specs are other than they cost $52 each at the yards.
  11. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

Hey thanks, and yeah that's the front hub hybrid setup, 33 x 12.5's right now, 4.10's with a truetrack in the rear. Beam brackets I modeled 1.5" of drop which is pretty close to rangito stx geo, couldn't find a set in the yards around here.
  12. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

Right on thanks! There might be some pics of it floating around there, but I don't. There are some random pics on my inactive IG and deep on/in desertrangers somewhere.
  13. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

Hah, maybe it's what pays for all my rockauto orders.
  14. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

A burgundy brother provided a m5r1 core, I tore it down, and it was full of rtv and with some hazy bearings. So it got blasted and I rebuilt it, along with a gen2 ranger short shifter assembly. That pretty much brings this build up to date. Depending on how this trans holds up, the next project...
  15. Astro_fusion

Super Deuce

Back out in the dunes, took it pretty easy on it this trip, lots of tug boat duties, 4-5 stuck trucks in the dunes extracted. FM146 output shaft in 2 parts, think I hurt it going off that cliff a year ago, but I know yanking people out in 4x didn't help, cool thing is it let go heading back to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad