• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by arrabil

1. Ford RBV 83-96 Custom Long Travel Reservoir Shock Coil Towers

Used Custom Long Travel Coil Towers for sale. Will fit any Ford RBV 83-96. I made these. They use the F250 shock towers. They accept stock or Jeep springs. There is a stock mount for the brake lines. They come with reservoir shock mounts (you’ll need to provide your own hose clamps). Bump stops...
  2. Rough Country 6601 Drop Pitman Arm for 2-4” lift

Used Rough Country 6601 Drop Pitman Arm for 2-4” lift. My kid mostly mall-crawled and now he wants a sports car so we're parting his off-roader. Asking $35 delivered to the lower 48. Located in Lexington, KY. Thanks for looking!
  3. Neutral Position Switch wiring with 96 M5OD

I'm swapping a 96 M5OD into the 90 BII. What am I supposed to do with the Neutral Position Switch wires since the 96 M5OD doesn't have an NPS? Should I wire them to the Clutch Position Switch? Jumper them? Searching reveals that the 2.9 engine computer uses this signal to set idle so it seems...
  4. Identify this click/rattle

Howdy. My 96 3.0L Ranger makes a really loud clicking/rattling noise from the front of the engine. The best way to reproduce it is to start the Ranger when the engine is cold and put it in drive or reverse. When cold and in gear the noise is constant and loud. When idling in park you hear it...
  5. Wheeling around Juneau, AK?

I'm gonna be on a business trip in Juneau, AK for the next two weeks. I got a new Jeep rented and want to at least take it on some fire roads to see more of the back country. Searching the Internet leaves with the impression that NO ONE wheels in Juneau. I can't see how thats possible with all...
  6. d44 knuckles on d35

Lifetime apparently. I wouldn't tell them I ran anything bigger than 31s though.
  7. d44 knuckles on d35

If you don't have ABS, you don't need a later model TTB unless you want the steerng stops and the upgraded brakes. Also, Warn will warranty those broken hubs. They might even send you Jeep hubs to replace them for free. They basically did for me.
  8. d44 knuckles on d35

Your 96 D35 TTB has holes for the ABS sensors, steering stops, dual piston calipers, and caliper brackets which the earlier models don't have. I can't say I know, but I'd imagine the same changes were built into later model D44 TTBs as well.
  9. Waterproofing Battery Terminals?

In all the waterproofing things I've read I have never seen anyone waterproof the battery terminals. I take it that means its completely unnecessary. But why? Does that also mean your batteries can be submerged without problem since they're sealed?
  10. Wheel bearing race spinning in rotor

What does it mean that the wheel bearing race was freely spinning in the rotor when I repacked the bearings in the Ranger today? The rotors are about five years old / 25,000 miles max. The outer locknut was not loose. I put some red Loctite in there for now because I didn't have a replacement...
  11. How big does the air filter need to be?

While The Deuce is down for suspension repairs, I want to do a couple other things to it. One of which is a snorkel. I want to use a K&N or equivalent filter because the stock airbox is already gone and the space will be used for dual batteries. 1) I have a design in mind using plumbing PVC and...
  12. Cracked manifold, worth fixing?

I bought an exhaust manifold for my neighbor to replace the one his kid cracked, then his kid proceeded to crack that one. I don't remember having this much trouble with curbs at high speed when I was learning to drive... but anyway... this crack is pretty small as opposed to a complete shear...
  13. Front axle hill-climb limiting strap

I can't remember who here put a limiting strap on their front axle [probably 4x4junkie :)] but can they post some pictures and/or explain what they did? I don't understand how it prevents uphill front-end lift without limiting down travel when you want it.
  14. Sherrod BIIs

Well for my first post on the new and improved TRS... What the heck is a Sherrod BII?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad