• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Arolsma

1. Arolsma

How to Wire Topper Brake Light and Dome Light

My buddy and I are working on wiring the brake light and the dome light for my Leer topper on my 2010 Ranger XL Regular Cab. The brake light has two wires coming out of it as does the dome light. I understand that we can tap into the brake light at the back of the truck to wire the topper brake...
  2. Arolsma

Pull the Battery or Put it on a Trickle Charger

Thanks for the info. I ended up just pulling the battery out and putting it in the house like last year. It sounds like this should be okay
  3. Arolsma

Pull the Battery or Put it on a Trickle Charger

I store my Ranger in an unheated shed for the winter. I leave it there for about six months without starting it. Last year I took the battery out and put it in the house where it's warm. I didn't use a trickle charger to keep it changed at all while it was out. The truck started right up in the...
  4. Arolsma

2.3L ('02-'11) Truck Occasionally Starts, Runs Poorly, and Then Stalls

It has happened both when the engine is cold and when it is warm. I changed the fuel filter about 13 months ago.
  5. Arolsma

2.3L ('02-'11) Truck Occasionally Starts, Runs Poorly, and Then Stalls

Maybe like six times in the last few months when I have started my truck I have turned the key, it starts, but then runs poorly at a low rpm before it either stalls or I shut it off. When I start it again it runs normally. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Sorry, I know it's a vague description...
  6. Arolsma

Turn Signal Sporadically Cuts Out

Randomly when I have my turn signal on, both the indicator on the dash and the ticking sound will cut out. When this happens, the rear turn signal is operating but the front one isn't. Any ideas of what could be causing this? The front headlight/turn signal assemblies are some aftermarket OEM...
  7. Arolsma

Driver's Door Leak

My driver's door doesn't seal properly in the upper rear corner. When I look over my shoulder, I can see light coming in from outside the cabin. My door seal looks fine though. After reading and watching different stuff, I have two ideas for solving the issue. First, I could roll the window down...
  8. Arolsma

What is the Proper Motorcraft Part Number for Rear Shocks?

Well I installed them yesterday, so hopefully it will be fine. If I end up needing to replace the bushing it shouldn't be that big of a deal because it's very easy to access and take off the shock. There is no metal to metal contact between the shock mount and the shock, so I think it's okay...
  9. Arolsma

Okay, I got the correct shocks, but one of the rear ones has a messed up bushing. Do you guys think I can install the shock as it is and the bushing will straighten out when I tighten it down? I could also do the two socket and a vice method to straighten the bushing, replace the bushing, or go...
  10. Arolsma

I ordered Motorcraft shocks for the rear of my truck, but they are smaller than the original shocks (see photos) despite several different parts websites saying this part number was for my truck. I get no results anywhere when I search with the part number that is on the original shocks. The...
  11. Arolsma

Rust on New Motorcraft Shocks

I am going to be replacing the rear shocks on my Ranger, and I ordered Motorcraft shocks from Walmart. Upon arrival, I notice there is already rust on one, possibly both of the shocks (see attached photos). I just want to know if it is completely normal for rust like this on new shocks and if...
  12. Arolsma

2.3L ('02-'11) Cost of a Manual Swap

So I had the valve cover gasket replaced a while back, but I am still having some sort of drivetrain issues. About 50% of the time when accelerating, it either shifts late or kind of shutters (I believe when shifting from 1st to 2nd). I can usually feel it coming before it does this and can...
  13. Arolsma

2.3L ('02-'11) Cost of a Manual Swap

I had a transmission shop inspect it, and they say that the transmission is fine. Apparently the valve cover gasket is bad which is causing a misfire which is causing a decrease in torque which is causing the transmission to shift poorly. I am having the valve cover gasket replaced on Tuesday...
  14. Arolsma

In need of a Vacuum Line Diagram for 2010 2.3

Air is only blowing out of my defrost vents, and I understand that this is most likely a vacuum line issue. Does anyone have a vacuum line diagram applicable to a 2010 2.3 automatic Ranger that they could post? Then I can start diagnosing my specific issue. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad