• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Army

1. Army

She's a goner...

Done in by a jacked up Blazer making a hard left....from the right side of a two lane, one way street. Creamed my right front panel, pushed the bumper sideways, broke the axle, 3'' Dream Beams, rotor and caliper, wheel, steering rods, and the antennae. Despite 100% admitted his fault, his...
  2. Army

Cheapskate Lowering

When you get to 50 like me, you will relish a smooth ride while you're still young and have a strong back. Save your pennies, and lower it right the first time. It's a lot cheaper to do it right, than to constantly repair half-baked.
  3. Army

lowering 97 ranger question

Flip the springs, you'll be much happier with the cleaner look and stock ride feel.
  4. Army

Capability of a 3/4 drop

Haul the wood.....before it snows :)
  5. Army

How long has it taken you to lower your truck?

Took me 12 years :D I cheated and took the beams and flips to Tire-Pro and had them do it, while I got new brakes and tires too.
  6. Army

Yehaaaa! Turned it over!!

No, not on the roof.... I know some of you guys have more, but she was parked for two years while I was overseas, and would have close to 40,000 more. :yahoo:
  7. Army

YEhaaaa! Turned it over!!

Oops, wrong forum This ^
  8. Army

axle flip question

Most of us read it for the humor.... :)
  9. Army

LED third brake

Hey, installed the clear Putco LED third light about a month ago...love it! I debated on the ION chrome look, but went for the clear because all my corners are clear. Really bright, as are the bed lights. When I tap the pedal, it pops on long before the tail lights do, giving me a nice signal...
  10. Army

lowering/wheel question

My '96 has 16's with the same DJM 3/4 drop, and I run General Altimax 215/55R16's with no rubbing, even when the road gets rough. My mud flaps are grinding down nicely though :)
  11. Army

toxic shocks?

It's not your shocks bouncing you around, you're hitting the bump stops on those rough patches. With the 3/4 drop, you have maybe 1" of travel in the rear before the bumps get whacked. Either cut them short, or replace with shorter aftermarket. I cut mine, leaving about 1/2" of rubber to make...
  12. Army

Total power loss when floored

Story: Didn't want to mess with the dang intake manifold to put in new plugs and wires. New wires and plugs are Granatelli zero resistence wires (green) and "E" plugs (multiple gap type) from Stylin' Concepts. My fav shop took 1.5 hours to do the swap, test drove it, and tossed me the keys. I...
  13. Army

Not real safe like.....

Dropping mine on DJM's and factory springs, actually corrected a slight left pull :)
  14. Army

Before I buy let me hear your opinions

Got my 3/4 DJM kit from Stylin' Concepts, and it bolted up with zero problems. Mbub16, your factory shocks ore bottomed out. You need lowered shocks for more travel.
  15. Army

Let's see what's out there....

Things are different already, but these are the latest pics. Currently: 3/4 DJM and flip, Eagle 15's with General Altimax 215/60 skins. I do a lot of highway miles (255,000+ on the been-there meter), so I need high mileage rubber. K&N cold intake, throttle mod, air muffler and intake horn...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad