• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Aretaic

1. Aretaic

2.5L ('98-'01) Stuck engine RPMs until dead stop - gone fishing

Woah, just checked out your build thread - incredible, thanks for showing up on my dumpy thread, I'm a big fan of Group B as well - glad to learn a little more about the 2.9L V6.
  2. Aretaic

I will check into this, I'm using a Launch 90 Millennium and I think it can monitor some PIDs. Thanks Orca!
  3. Aretaic

That makes sense... Thanks for the context and information RonD. And thanks for nothing, Ford PCM!! For now at least, the truck is more tolerable with the IAC unplugged. I may go the route of a VCM2 and IDS license in order to resolve this myself. My current scan tool doesn't appear to support...
  4. Aretaic

I've been driving the truck with the IAC unplugged, CEL came on for IAC circuit, and... lo and behold, no stuck RPM behavior. It drives like it should, albeit with a wavering idle. RPMs come down. Guess I'll see if I can get the ECU updated locally - I'll also check for a J2534 pass-through...
  5. Aretaic

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Had a great time catching lots of trout. Scotts90ranger - no, whether the the brake is applied or not it behaves the same. RonD - I get that rpms will linger a little bit, but this is excessive and beyond anything appropriate, I guarantee it. If this were...
  6. Aretaic

The truck is a '98 XLT with the 2.5l 4cyl, manual. When driving (hot or cold, highway or in town, 25ft or 200 miles) the engine speed stays high, or goes higher, when depressing the clutch. It will stay there, no matter what, never come down, until the truck comes to a dead stop. I've coasted...
  7. Aretaic

Hi from Western Slope, CO

Hello all, Just picked up a little 98 XLT 2.5L standard 2WD and loving it. PO had lapsed on maintenance for a considerable time - had a great weekend taking care of a few odds and ends that needed attention: timing belt, water pump, primary and secondary plugs/cables/coils, accessory belt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad