• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by arachnofreak

1. Stainless brake line leaks

Took awhile off this project while waiting for some parts and free time but wanted to provide an update in case anyone else comes across similar issue. I replaced the fitting on the side of master cylinder and used the copper gasket on the seat of the RABS valve. I also had a new brake line...
  2. Stainless brake line leaks

It looks so nice it’s a shame it’s such a hard material to work with. Probably won’t be using it again in the future not much reason for a brake line to outlast the vehicle but I already made my bed on this deal.
  3. Stainless brake line leaks

I’m pursuing the replacement fitting with copper flare gasket on the one piece I can’t replace. Should have everything by next weekend hopefully.
  4. Stainless brake line leaks

That is pretty much what I was thinking... the second one is toast. I don't know about getting a new seat that would be an ideal fix but I have already ordered a replacement fitting of the one in the second photo and I was able to test fit up one of the copper gaskets on the seat of the RABS...
  5. Stainless brake line leaks

I recently purchased Fine Line stainless steel kit for 1999 Ford Ranger and have installed them across the truck along with new flexible hoses and brake components. Everything sealed up just fine except I had a leak at the connection to the proportioning valve on the side of master cylinder...
  6. Hydraulics or transmission

Ended up draining the Mercon and refilling with Royal Purple Synchromax. It seems to have helped a little bit..enough that I believe I'm going to live with it. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
  7. Hydraulics or transmission

I seriously think this is going to be my next step. I was just reading about syncromesh earlier. Perhaps this weekend I can give it a whirl. Would be awesome if it helped.
  8. Hydraulics or transmission

I suppose that here in a few weeks I could try to run a different lubricant inside of the transmission. I did literally just pour $25 dollars worth of Mercon V inside of there a few days ago when I finished the clutch so it would be a shame to drain that out and pour something different in there...
  9. Hydraulics or transmission

Truck has 65k miles on it, I purchased it from a new car dealership that had received it as a trade in. Typically they wouldn't have even sold a truck like this on the lot but it is unique being so old with so few miles. It was clearly garage kept because the level of rust isnt even close to...
  10. Hydraulics or transmission

I drained the fluid when I pulled the transmission to do the the clutch and refilled it with new Castrol Mercon V. There were some metal shavings on the magnet of the drain plug but it didn't seem excessive and the fluid that drained out to me didn't look terrible. It still had the red color...
  11. Hydraulics or transmission

Hey ya'll First post here, but been lurking ever since I got my truck. 99' Ranger 2.5L with the M5OD-R1 I've had for 10 months now. I learned standard transmission on this unit but I feel like when I was learning it shifted pretty smoothly but that could be irrelevant. Once I was comfortable...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad