• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Angie

1. Angie

1987 Ranger Project.

hi, welcome and cheers from down the road a few miles.... nice looking project!
  2. Angie

Dealing with under hood heat

did this to mine .... does help cooling the engine bay .... https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/deleting-hood-supports.194019/
  3. Angie

Build your own engine thread

Very curious as to how many of you/us build your own engines, in the past and still today? what engines have you built and what problems you finding today in parts styles, or procedures? Myself, have built (all fords) 351C 302, 4.L 2.8 currently 2.8 and a 4.0 - 410 cam one sitting waiting for...
  4. Angie

Drill press recommendations

i need to chime in here..... mine is some old creature, table top drill press with about 12 inches of travel down on it. it was a hand me down probably 3 times now. from someones grandpa's father twice removed and no one wanted it type of thing. (same as my bench grinder) to this day it runs...
  5. Angie

whats the deal with Aluminum conrod bearings?? Vrs tri metal?

ok ... after a whole lot of tearing my hair out on this .... I found out that these bearings I have out of the engine are actually .010 .... and not STD ..... I will eat my crow with mustard please ....... there are no real markings on these bearings... i took them to a parts store this...
  6. Angie

hi, yes thanks for the suggestions... however my point is/was ... if you take out STD sized bearings and reorder STD sized bearings... shouldn't they be the same size out of the box?? I did not turn the crank, so it stands to reason that they should not be .010 smaller out of the box.... this...
  7. Angie

1984 ranger roll-along

set back on the engine ... wrong conrod bearings .... so have to redo them as they are out .020 .... link to problem here.... https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/whats-the-deal-with-aluminum-conrod-bearings-vrs-tri-metal.201467/#post-1958318
  8. Angie

OK, I have a huge problem now with these bearings .... The ones that were in the engine were .... CB-723P when i did the number search it was showing a common con bearing for a 2.8 std size .... so the cross order came in as CB-723A std .... when all 6 were in place bolted to spec, there was...
  9. Angie

1984 ranger roll-along

wow i stand corrected... the hole is actually way larger than was first thought ... I am more concentrating on the running of the machine and not the creature comforts at the moment... here are a couple inside pics and yes there is a ton of play in here... and here is the passenger seat...
  10. Angie

1984 ranger roll-along

I will take a couple pictures today of the inside to show more the layout of this rig. I understand what you are saying, however i don't think it will make much of a difference by accessing the back that way with it folded. I may stand to be corrected, but not sure the gains will out-way the...
  11. Angie

1984 ranger roll-along

hi robbie, The seats have the original tracks, and if they are to be anything like my '83 V8 build, i will need to modify the floor pan to bolt them in after removing the bench seat that is in the rig currently. as for folding back/forward, it won't make any difference to the area because...
  12. Angie

1984 ranger roll-along

Can give a brief update ...... Bottom end of motor is together, and if all goes to plan should have the rest together this weekend (except for final valve train work). The cam has been freshly reground and same with lifters. we were able to find a very decent set of bucket seats for the truck...
  13. Angie

1985 ranger rollalong

Right on. What are your plans for the inside? Ours is also not original and seeking what to build in there also. Glad to watch another thread on this ... cheers
  14. Angie

Pushrod sizing for smith bros form - 4.0 V6 OHV

hi, if memory is correct here... you can email them directly and ask them giving them all your specs. When i did a 410 cam i emailed them with what i needed and they supplied the information. it was years ago, however they should have a email contact us section. cheers...
  15. Angie

2.3L ('83-'97) Snapped Harmonic Balancer

hi, i have never worked on this particular engine, however something in that picture just does not look correct. above the broken part it seems to have an extended "finger" part over the "round" what i am guessing to be the backing of the harmonic balancer. if so is this piece holding back the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad