• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by AnahRabekka1501

1. AnahRabekka1501

93 Body on 89 Frame

So I’m looking at body kits for my 89 and there aren’t any for the SuperCab. So, aside from McNeil Racing’s body conversion kits, how can I put ‘93 body parts on my ‘89 frame and cab? A little fab is okay, I have standard shop tools, welder, grinder, etc.
  2. AnahRabekka1501

Loose steering, crazy stuff

Okay, so i just put new front shocks on last september, i haven't added rear shocks yet. The truck steering is so loose, i am terrified of bumps and potholes. Ive almost lost control before because of a pothole. The shocks, come to find out, have never been replaced. (Anyone want some shitty oem...
  3. AnahRabekka1501

Lots of Engine Drone

Its not exhaust, I’ve done my own exhaust work. I have a 4 banger, it needs to be rebuilt, but thats it. I don't think the truck has any insulation, so is all the engine drone just from lack of insulation? It is constant and LOUD. Coming directly from the engine bay. The drone is so loud, I...
  4. AnahRabekka1501

Holley 2bbl on Efi help

Heya fellas! It’s been a while! After many many months of agony, I now have space and time to work on my little 2.3l 89 xlt super, and I’ve been looking at a way to get a sexier, throaty sound. Not just for kicks, but because I started a “flatbed ‘n stacks” ranger build and with zero muffler, a...
  5. AnahRabekka1501

I don’t know what is happening, and It’s scaring me.

I have a 1989 Ford Ranger Xlt Supercab. That’s the easy part. Hard part is trying to figure out what the hell is happening. Let me break it down. 1. Turn signals make my oil pressure needle flutter back and forth with the clicking. 2. My Drivers headlight is dim as mess, like super yellow, while...
  6. AnahRabekka1501

Rear Brake Rubbing; Help ASAP Please!

So a few years ago the emergency brake was ruined due to someone (I won’t admit to it!) driving the truck with the parking brake engaged. I know, I know, ruined the driver side drum. We replaced it with junkyard components, and everything was good, the parking brake remained disconnected. Jump...
  7. AnahRabekka1501

Headlight Switch Knob being a pain.

I know it should be a simple job, but I cannot figure it out! The knob will slide onto the rod, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to make it stick! It’s a 1989 XLT Supercab, original headlight switch, new knob.
  8. AnahRabekka1501

Interior Swap

1989 Ford Ranger Xlt Supercab 5 speed manual, looking to modernize the interior so what is the most complete package from another vehicle? I know people swap explorer parts all the time, but that’s for mid-90s Rangers. What can I do for a 1st Gen, 89 ranger? I really want a full console...
  9. AnahRabekka1501

Body Swap

I have a 1989 Ranger XLT. What I want to do is find out if there’s a way I could put a different body on the frame, like an Explorer, Expedition, Newer Ranger, or something, anything, Ford, Chevy, or GMC. I can’t find anything anywhere and it would really help to know if anyone knows anything...
  10. AnahRabekka1501

Building a shell camper

I currently have an old busted up shell camper on my ‘89 Ranger xlt Supercab and wanted to know if it was possible to build my own, and what that would entail. It’ll be used mainly for transporting K-9s so I’d like to add a/c if that’s even heard of.
  11. AnahRabekka1501

Updating and cleaning

I’m restoring and modernizing my 1989 Ranger XLT Supercab, and under the hood looks like trash. Old, worn wires, dirt, caked mud, broken pieces, it has me worried. A few years ago the block busted in it so they swapped the motor in it with another ‘89 Ranger, all the same, and there was a hose...
  12. AnahRabekka1501

Adding new dash instruments on an ‘89 XLt Supercab

I’m in the process of restoring and modernizing my 1989 Ranger XLT supercab, and one thing on the list is to make everything easier to use. Could I put a newer analog gauge system in it, or maybe a digital? At the very least it needs new lights as they are too dim to notice at times(comparable...
  13. AnahRabekka1501

New Air Compressor, what now?

I have an ‘89 Ranger xlt super cab and I just put a new air compressor in it, the one that was in it locked up 10+ years ago. I have a guy who tells me he has the vacuum and will do it free, but I need to replace the filter first. I have no idea what he is talking about. Also, I would like to...
  14. AnahRabekka1501

Rough shifting and grinding in reverse

I have an ‘89 Ranger XLT Supercab. I’m in the process of restoring it and modernizing it, and I’d really like to make the shifting a little easier. It’s not awful, just not smooth. Also, when shifting into reverse, there’s a 70% chance that it will grind so I have to pull it out of reverse and...
  15. AnahRabekka1501

Stripping and repainting

I have a ‘89 Ranger XLT Supercab that I’m stripping and repainting, and I really don’t have the gear or tools to take the whole thing apart. I’ve taken off the passenger door, and plan to take off the fenders, just to strip them down and repaint. How would I remove the bed to be able to get the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad