• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by alpinestar

1. alpinestar

'87 Ranger STX, No spark, ive tried just about everything. HELP!

So heres the story, about 3 months ago i drove 2 hours away to look at this 87 ranger stx with the 2.9l v6, when i got there the truck fired right up and seemed to run fine except it idled at about 2000-2200rpm. i figured it would be an easy fix and the truck was cheap so i went ahead and bought...
  2. alpinestar

Changing Bellhousing?

I have a manual 5spd, the mitsubishi tranny, with no bell housing and my buddy has an 88 ranger with a blown up 5spd and his transmission isnt the same but we wanted to know if the bellhousing off of his tranny would bolt up to mine
  3. alpinestar

5.0 Swap almost complete

The engine is in, everything is mainly done now... So heres the layout of it all, 88 thunderbird 5.0, was efi, now carb'd with an edelbrock performer series intake and carb, and its in my 89 B2. I still have the Distributor that came originally on the motor and ive been looking for a cheap...
  4. alpinestar

Alternator wiring?

Im swapping a 302 into my '89 bronco II and i dont know what wires to connect to the 302 engine harness to the alternator. i have a black/orangestripe, a yellow/whitestripe, and a green/redstripe on the 302 engine harness side. the black and yellow wires are bigger than the green one. thanks in...
  5. alpinestar

5.0l '89 Bronco II

I just bought an '88 Bronco II with a 5.0 from an '88 thunderbird. the wiring... well its the scariest thing ive ever seen to be honost. So the plan is to swap the 5.0 from the '88 bronco into my '89 that most of you have seen already. The 5.0 has a c6 and np205 behind it, the c6 shifts great...
  6. alpinestar

Ranger/Bronco II interchangeable???

Are the tranny's in rangers and bronco II's interchangeable without any changes. ive been told they arent yet i hear of people who have done it. so if they do need alittle modification what is it? and on another note what did the v47a tranny come in? its a manual and its sittin in my buddies...
  7. alpinestar

98 ranger 4.0 swap into 89 Bronco II

Whats a swap like this gonna entail? i know im gonna need the computer and wiring harness out of the ranger to swap into mine. what other problems will i encounter? i can get the whole engine out of the 98 for $200 and its got pretty low miles.
  8. alpinestar

63" Chevy Leafs

How much lift will i be looking at getting with 63" chevy rear leafs in the front of my bronco II? i will also be running a 9" shackle.
  9. alpinestar

Pitman Arms

Will a drop pitman arm from a jeep work on a ranger/bronco II? and who or what has the biggest drop for my truck?
  10. alpinestar

Springs?

What have you guys ran for leafs in the front? i got 2" rancho wranglers and their too small, not enough lift, so what have you guys used? and how much lift do you guys think it would provide if i stepped up to a 4" wrangler spring?
  11. alpinestar

Chop Top (Lovin' Summer!)

Did a chop top a few weeks ago, bad pic of it, but im wondering what everyone does about cleaning up the edges and making it look nice. i have my own ideas as to what i wanna do but was wondering what everyone else thinks. thanks
  12. alpinestar

Transfercase?

What Transfer case do i have? '89 bronco II, its push button auto hubs originally... can i replace JUST the front output shaft?
  13. alpinestar

Bronco II complete drivetrain swap

i blew the front output shaft apart on my transfer case, my transmission was garbage since the day i bought the truck and my engine is tired... soo im looking to do a complete swap from an explorer. my questions are whats gonna go into swapping the transfer case and tranny into my B2. is it the...
  14. alpinestar

8 Mpg?

Why am i getting 8 miles per gallon? i have the 2.9, completely stock except a flowmaster muffler and the truck seems like it runs good. so im getting about 160-170 miles a tank and thats horrible. so whats the deal?
  15. alpinestar

Anyone around Vancouver - Washougal Area?

Roll call, if your from around here post up and we'll all go wheelin some time!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad