• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Alaska Diesel

1. Alaska Diesel

1986 Ranger runs rough cold

My bad, it was the EGR vacuum regulator. I looked at a vacuum chart and found something that said High Altitude something. It had a green and red vacuum line going to it.
  2. Alaska Diesel

I've figured out what was wrong with my ranger!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the HAC sensor. I'll upload a picture later. I had noticed the top was broken off, but since it was broken off before so I thought it wouldn't be that.
  3. Alaska Diesel

OK thank you Does anyone have suggestions?
  4. Alaska Diesel

Thanks. Something I came across said that it also cuts the fuel too and it'll be easier to start if flooded. Is that true or only for trucks with A/C?
  5. Alaska Diesel

What does the WOT relay do, and do I have it if I don't have A/C?
  6. Alaska Diesel

Never mind, I guess that was not it. I checked it again and I have 1.3 ohms. I must not have had a good connection. The Air temp sensor is 1.7 ohms.
  7. Alaska Diesel

I tested the continuity between the ECT sensor plug and the computer plug. The continuity is 17 for the return and 18 for the feed in.
  8. Alaska Diesel

OK, thanks.
  9. Alaska Diesel

Where is that located?
  10. Alaska Diesel

Does 86 have a PCV valve?
  11. Alaska Diesel

Yes I do mean the return side. Put the new MAP sensor on and still runs just as bad. Going to start checking my other sensors :( What could cause trouble with that? I've been wondering about that.
  12. Alaska Diesel

Is that on the computer side of the MAP sensor?
  13. Alaska Diesel

I have 5 volts coming to the MAP sensor plug and a good ground coming to it. I also have .5 ohms of resistance going from the MAP to the computer. I think my MAP is bad. I'm ordering a new one and we'll go from there.
  14. Alaska Diesel

So I think I've found a lead here. When I unplug the vacuum from my MAP it runs perfectly good. When I plug it in it runs to lean. I put a vacuum pump on the MAP and it runs good with no vacuum pressure but runs like it does hooked up to the engine vacuum when there is vacuum pressure. The...
  15. Alaska Diesel

Mine is idling at 35 degrees roughly. But if I add throttle it will jump to around 0 degrees and then if I hold it there, it will backfire, sputter, and die. What is this suggesting?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad