• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Alan_nc

1. Alan_nc

Heater Core Replacement

In my 93 it took less than 1/2 hour total. You don't mention what year you are working on....as mentioned .....the newer the harder it is.
  2. Alan_nc

Made Floyd uglier

Needed new tires. Old ones had dry rot. Also wanted to go to 15" rather than the 14" that were on it. You just can't find much in the way of 14" tires any more. Found a set of 15" wheels with tires in fair shape at a really good price. Ugly old steel wheels but it did solve my problem. of...
  3. Alan_nc

Does this indicate a problem?

Thanks. I thought it indicated the brake booster. I'll watch for sales or a coupon. Don't think it's a good idea for this to be a junk yard item.
  4. Alan_nc

Does this indicate a problem?

So you are sitting in the vehicle getting ready to start it for the first time of the day. Put your foot on the brake (it's at the normal level) and turn the key. Brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. Comes right back up as soon as the engine starts. Never does it again for that day and...
  5. Alan_nc

Ford ranger 60/40 bucket seat covers

it is almost easier and cheaper to replace the seats....and sure looks better.
  6. Alan_nc

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

If you will notice the pic of my Ranger - Pink as in Floyd
  7. Alan_nc

Well Floyd got his yearly bath today. Mostly just washed the pollen off but did sponge the tender spots.
  8. Alan_nc

Wheel Size and Availability

Thanks, I just hadn't gone deep enough into the information. got everything I need now.
  9. Alan_nc

Wheel Size and Availability

94, 3.0, Auto, 2wd There is a 14" and 15" option on this year. For 15" x 7" wheels: Do they look the same as the 14" Are there other Ford vehicles that have the same size wheel (with the same bolt pattern)? I have read threads talking about a depth issue - I'm looking for...
  10. Alan_nc

Heater problems

Are both of the heater core hoses connected? When the engine has warmed up do both of the hoses get hot? If one is hot and not the other you may have a plugged heater core. The good news is: If you have to replace the heater core this has got to be the easiest one in the world.
  11. Alan_nc

Tire Question

I'm not really a fan but Firestone seems to have the best price here. Just under $300 for the 195's, installed, out the door
  12. Alan_nc

Tire Question

94,3.0, 2wd, splash, auto Currently has P225/70R14 tires The truck is not driven real regular and I'm try to get away for the least I can for new tires. P195/70R14 tires are over $100 less. I check the actual measurement differences. I know the speedo will be slightly off and they will wear...
  13. Alan_nc

Put in a new brake light switch (the one that connects to the pedal). Had cleaned the old one but didn't seems to work all the time. Bought the expensive one (fomoco) from RockAuto. $23.65 10 minute install and working fine. Drove the truck to Lowes and picked up 10 bales of pine straw. Yea...
  14. Alan_nc

Floyd took me to get my free Krispy Kreme donut and coffee with friends. of course.... Brake lights quit. They have been a bit iffy. Took the switch off the brake rod, (the one activated by pressing brake pedal). Cleaned it good with crc put it back on and presto I have brake lights...
  15. Alan_nc

Floyd has a new drivers seat. Complete writeup under seat thread.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad