• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Alam0

1. Alam0

2.5L ('98-'01) Fuel injector reading high resistance (27.2 ohms)

Cylinders 1-3 fuel injectors all read 14 ohms, but cylinder 4 fuel injector is reading 27.2 ohms. Currently engine has an erratic idle and fuel pressure will drop after being turned off (about 30psi) Curious if this could be the cause the fuel injector to leak and be the source of my problem
  2. Alam0

2.5L ('98-'01) Intake Air Temperature reading hot

No aftermarket cold air intake. Just the factory air box.
  3. Alam0

It looks to me like its bad. My other ranger's IAT reads 84deg Fahrenheit I'm also having a hard time locating it. Is it built into the MAF sensor?
  4. Alam0

The outside temperature is 74deg Fahrenheit, but on my OBD2 scanner it reads the Intake air temperature as 134deg Fahrenheit. I'm just wondering if this is bad for the engine? My idle is around 1000rmps fully warmed and I get this foul smell from the exhaust.
  5. Alam0

2.5L ('98-'01) What should my engine coolant temperature be?

Turns out I had air in the coolant system and had to purge it. Got pretty much all of the air out, but that didn't seem to help. While purging the air I noticed the HVAC Heater Control Valve had a lever. I pumped the lever a couple times and after a few pumps, the heater core inlet/outlet hoses...
  6. Alam0

2.5L ('98-'01) What should my engine coolant temperature be?

Recently found out my engine coolant temperature sits around 165-167 Fahrenheit fully warmed up. Is that normal or should it be hotter? Also my temp gauge sits below the cold line. (It's a 98 2.5l 4 cylinder)
  7. Alam0

2.5L ('98-'01) High Idle

I've been having high idle issues for a while now. When the engine is fully warmed it will idle around 1100-1200 RPM. When shifting gears the rpm's don't drop. They only drop (very slowly) after I come to a complete stop. The engine seems to run better with the IAC Valve unplugged, around 750...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad