• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Akimbo Rangers

1. Akimbo Rangers

biggest static drop 97 ranger?

maybe they were custom or someone was playing a sick joke. i searched for the website for a hour last night but couldnt find them again. never the less, the 5/5 on my truck is plenty low enough to tuck the tires on a static drop.... bags will be upcoming.
  2. Akimbo Rangers

biggest static drop 97 ranger?

Ive see online a set of 5 inch drop beams for like $800. with those i guess you could go far enough to set the trans crossmember on the ground if you paired them with some drop coils. i cant remember where i found them, but i think i stumble upon them looking at google images of bagged rangers...
  3. Akimbo Rangers

pretty gross

Over the weekend a couple wrecks came into the dealership i work at. the one that caught everyones eye was a 98 dodge ram that looked like it hit a gaurd rail. it was obviously a total. The tow truck driver told us to go look at the door.. so we did. and there was some freakin leg meat...
  4. Akimbo Rangers

Go low or go home

i took a couple pics while i was on lunch today. [/IMG] [/IMG] we also built the shock bracket and buttoned everything else up. still rides like a chuck wagon but whatever:icon_bounceblue:
  5. Akimbo Rangers

Go low or go home

so my buddy and i did the major grunt work on the 92' tonight. DJM dream beams, belltech springs, exploder disc brake rearend and leaves trimmed wheel wells, did sort-of alignment. We still need to fab up shock brackets for the frame but right now its LOW and looks ah-mazing. didnt have time...
  6. Akimbo Rangers

Remember the GMC Syclone? I want to build a Ranger version.

i read this and had to go on youtube and watch vids of syclones and typhoons. i just imagined a ranger body instead of a S15. someone needs to build one asap.
  7. Akimbo Rangers

Props to Brian @ Illusive...

i also had to cut the bump stops out and only had a 1/2in of suspension travel... like i said young and dumb. lol live and learn i guess:icon_thumby:
  8. Akimbo Rangers

no joke.... 5 inches cut out of the coils. i was young and dumb and at the time broke. suprisingly I only went through 2 sets of tires. now i have dream beams and belltech springs for the front and a spring under explorer 8.8 for the rear. wire wheeled the rearend, spindles and radius arms and...
  9. Akimbo Rangers

Finally got a lift !!!!!!!!!!!

After many years of tossing the idea of getting a lift around, it finally happened. Its a couple years old but we bought it still bound in the original crate. So we pretty much got a 4 year old, brand new lift for less than half the price of a new lift Of course the first vehicle on it had to...
  10. Akimbo Rangers

Well i think riding in my '90 scared him a little. it was a 5/6 without doing beams. It rode like crap but i didnt mind. might have compressed my spine a little. but i had to take one for the team and do the lowest static drop i could without doing a body drop. And i wasnt about to bag it and...
  11. Akimbo Rangers

'71 Mustang Mach1 exhaust

I got a customers car on friday night and the guy said he wanted the exhaust done on his '71 Mustang Mach1. He drove it over open header. Here is the car (sorry about the bad picture) i made the hole set of intermediate pipes, including a h-pipe. 3" collectors, 3" cut-outs, 3" intermediate...
  12. Akimbo Rangers

nice. im trying to get alex to get his truck in the weeds. he says hes afraid it would ride like crap... all i had to say back was "so. at least your truck would look badass"
  13. Akimbo Rangers

BIG brakes for a 2nd gen

I was wondering if anyone has seen any pics or buildups of big brake kits for a '90. I looked at a F150 brake setup but the spindles wont work on the ranger i-beams. I bought cross-drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads, but just curious if anyone had seen anything like that done.....or...
  14. Akimbo Rangers

Real good. Busy as hell. i was working at your neighbors house a couple weeks ago. when you gonna have the x tearin the road apart again?
  15. Akimbo Rangers

Pondering about a '55

So we finished rebuilding a car dolly tonight and i got to thinking about the 1955 GMC stepside that has been in my buddies barn for the last 9 years. Ive tried more times than i can remember to get my dad to either...A-sell me the truck. B-give me the truck. or C-at least work on it. The...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad