adsm08's latest activity

• adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread cat-less y-pipe for 2003 4.0 SOHC.
    No, it won't work. Side by side the two Y-pipes look very similar, but I tried this with my 4.0 SOHC swap and my existing 4.0 OHV...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread 2019 XLT completely dead.
    FDRS gives us far more access to the permanent memory than IDS ever did. The only way to clear that memory is to physically replace the...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread 2019 XLT completely dead.
    Unhook the battery for 5 or 10 minutes and see if it comes back. Sometimes newer Fords do this, and unhooking the battery usually fixes...
  • adsm08
    To run just with an open Y-pipe? Get home and shut it down. Fix it right before driving any more. In theory, as far as safety for the...
  • adsm08
    If the sensors are just not there at all the light will flash for 30 seconds on start up, then stay on solid all the time. Dirtman is...
  • adsm08
    That's a different deal altogether and probably should have been included in the original post. Yes, if you are in an emergency...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread Best Oil for 1987 2.9L V6.
    Yellow and slippery.
  • adsm08
    No. The act is illegal, a federal felony, so don't give any excuses about "But my area doesn't do emissions testing". Removal of the...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread 2011 ford escape AWD.
    Well the other thing to consider is that code. Cleaning will clear up a mechanical binding issue from excessive build up. That code is...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread 2011 ford escape AWD.
    Those throttle bodies were a known issue. I wouldn't think twice about just replacing it.
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread confused again.
    Ok, the rotor will turn as the distributor goes in because of the helical cut of the gears. There are two lines on the distributor face...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread 4.0 sohc interchange years.
    One thing I forgot to mention in the initial reply. The early ones had the PCV in the valley. Later ones have it in the back of the...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread FORscan Adapter.
    I have a BBfly wireless adapter. It has the switch. It was a pain to get it hooked up the first time, after that it all I have to do is...
  • adsm08
    adsm08 replied to the thread V6 Raptor for USA?.
    Strictly speaking it isn't a design flaw with the engine per se, just something that was done poorly. They actually fixed it for...
  • adsm08
    The proper way to torque a castle nut is to run it down with the impact until she stops moving, then back it up until the first window...