• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by aclayton59

1. Should I replace Main Bearing Cap Bolts?

Thanks Dirtman. I don't believe they are TTY. Procedure is a single tightening to 66-77 lb-ft. So I did a little measuring and searching. Bolts are M12x1.75 x 93mm - Dorman sells a 90mm (Part #99127090.) A buck eighty nine at Advance Auto. The fun one is the 4 that hold the "Crankshaft oil...
  2. Should I replace Main Bearing Cap Bolts?

Rebuilding a '93 4.0 OHV. Until today, I've not seen anything that says to replace the main bearing cap bolts. But today, reading the factory service manual, in big bold letters, it says NOTE: New bolts must be used for assembling main bearing caps. So, who has or hasn't replaced them and have...
  3. The legendary 2.9 Free Floating Rockers

Well??? How about an update?
  4. The legendary 2.9 Free Floating Rockers

Has anyone ever tried to contact Sven? He’s on Linked-in, works for FCA.
  5. I know I shouldn't...but can I?

Who is this rpm Ron you speak of? Looking for a set of aluminum rocker spacers. Anyone know where I can purchase said item?
  6. Fuel injector Gasket/Insulator

Found a company called Green Tune (www.greentuneautomotive.com) that lists them in their catalog, but it doesn't appear as though they sell direct. I'll call them today and see if I can find out who sells their stuff and post what I find. If not, I'll try the pick and pay. I need a couple of...
  7. Fuel injector Gasket/Insulator

Does anyone have a source for the Fuel Injector Gasket/Insulator shown in the Photos? Ford lists it as no longer available. Part #FOTZ-9U550-A (from a 1993 Ranger 4.0 OHV) To be clear I'm not looking for the o-rings, those are a dime a dozen. But the big rubber piece shown.
  8. Any known issues with swapping a '98 4.0 to an 89 BR2?

Hi Guys, Just picked up a 89 Bronco II 4x4 5 speed. It has a blown head Gasket which I was thinking about replacing, but pulling the heads is easier with the engine out, and if I going that far, I figure I might as well swap in a 4.0. There is a guy selling a 98 Ranger with the 4.0. He took...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad