• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by abrush

1. abrush

Will someone please identify this underhood cable???

O.k. so I recently had the A4LD auto tranny rebuilt. When the shop installed the transmission they told me that the cable (shown in pics below) was burned on the exhaust and that this cable makes the tranny go into overdrive. They could not locate a replacement cable so we did not hook it back...
  2. abrush

Help me align this lifted truck!

O.k., I got a 88 Bronco II that I put a 94 Explorer 4.0 in a few years back. I decided to lift the truck awhile back. The lift is around 3". Because of this I purchased adjustable caster/camber bushings and had the shop install when I took it in for an alignment. The problem is that the shop...
  3. abrush

Installed lift & alignment shop can't align wheels

I have a 1988 Ford Bronco II and recently just installed a 2" Skyjacker suspension lift that involved two front springs and shocks and an add a leaf for the rear. My front wheels on the Bronco are now toeing in quite a bit so I took it in to get it aligned and the shop told me they can't align...
  4. abrush

Clunking noise when turning

I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport with the 4.0 V6 and 60,000 miles. I just noticed today that it is making a clunking noise when I turn to the left. It definitly sounds like it is coming from the front end. This is the first time I have heard it make this noise and am wondering if...
  5. abrush

Why is there a distributor spot on the 4.0L engine!?

My current 1994 4.0L V6 has spun a bearing and so I bought a replacement engine from a salvage yard. However when I was comparing the two engines everything looks the same but on the salvage yard engine I noticed there is a open hole right behind the intake that appears is for a distributor. I...
  6. abrush

Help me before this truck shakes apart!

They always say if it isn't one thing it is another! Well about a month ago I put new push rods and rocker arms in my 4.0 (Bronco II), yes I did the swap, because of the tapping sound due to premature wear and got rid of the tapping sound but now have a bad shaking/vibration. This is really...
  7. abrush

4.0 Lifter replacement

I have come to the conclusion that the tapping I hear on idle is that of a bad lifter and therefore have purchased all new lifters, push rods and the rocker arm assemblies. It is a 1994 Explorer engine with 173,000 miles. I would like to complete this job this weekend but have a few questions...
  8. abrush

1994 Explorer engine tapping loudly on idle when warm

It's been close to 2 years since I dropped this 1994 Explorer engine in my 1988 Bronco II. Up until this time I have been driving trouble free. I have put 20,000 miles on the engine since the swap with it currently having 170,000. However about a week ago I noticed that when I come to a stop...
  9. abrush

Need pics of underhood a/c line routing

If anyone has pictures of their a/c hose routings for a 4.0L engine could you please post them? When I did the swap on my 88 Bronco II I never hooked up the a/c hoses because it was winter and now that it is getting warmer out I am thinking about getting the a/c going. I wasn't thinking at the...
  10. abrush

Installing aftermarket temp guage

O.k., I have a question regarding the installation of an aftermarket temperature guage. I have a 1988 Bronco II with a 4.0L engine out of a 1994 Explorer. My temp. guage has acted up ever since I did the swap several months ago. It moves up and down constantly. I know the temperature of the...
  11. abrush

Idle irregularities every now and then

I have yet to figure this one out but it makes it hard when my 88 B2 with a 1994 4.0 engine doesn't act up all the time. Every now and then, and it seems to happen when the engine isn't completely warmed to full temperature, the B2 kind of acts like it is going into convulsions. The idle will...
  12. abrush

4x4 Not working on 88 B2

O.k., I have searched the forum and have found a few things to look at including the shift motor. Here is what my 88 B2 does. I guess I should mention it is the electric shift/push button 4x4. First off, the 4x4 lights on the push button module stay on when I start the B2. I am told that they...
  13. abrush

Quick 4x4 question on 1988 B2

Alright, I have a quick question on my 1988 B2. First of all it has the electric push button 4x4 that sits on on the roof by the headliner. I have never had a B2 with the push button, only the manual. Here's my question... Both lights on the 4x4 low and high are always lit when the vehicle is...
  14. abrush

One more 4.0L swap question

My 4.0L finally runs!!!:clapping: I just have one quick question regarding the transmission. I kept my factory A4LD out of my 88 B2 (I know, it's not recommended) but my question is regarding the overdrive. I have heard that I have to take a green wire from the donor vehicle and splice it into...
  15. abrush

Explorer ground question

I have a quick question regarding one of the grounds on my donor vehicle, a 1994 Explorer. I am hoping someone that owns one may be able to help out. On the negative battery terminal there is a black ground wire running off the battery post. The ground has a plug at the end of it. I believe...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad