• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by '99 EB Explorer

1. '99 EB Explorer

Need some direction

hey guys. I just picked up a '96 explorer with a 302. Was just wondering if anyone has a list of what's needed out of the donor truck to swap it in to my '99 explorer. Haven't worked my way over to the tech section yet. Any help here would be great. Thanks in advance Edit Keep in mind...
  2. '99 EB Explorer

Draining the trans??

Ok, so I went to a retail store yesterday to pick up some trans fluid to do a filter change on my 5r55e. I had to ask where the trans fluid was because the damn store doesn't put it front and center like my favorite parts shop does(my parts shop was closed :annoyed:) Keep in mind that I DID...
  3. '99 EB Explorer

question for the fellas that have done the eb 44 swap

Considering your knuckle turns at the same rate as the wheel, I don't see a problem with it. As long as it's directly beside the wheel itself and not the tire. The bulge from the sidewall could cause a problem or two if that's the case.
  4. '99 EB Explorer

IAC Problems...

So I replaced my IAC valve not long ago. Replaced it because, on startup, the truck would rev up...then come down and almost die. When I pulled it off, I noticed the shaft inside was rusty and incredibly dirty. Replacing the IAC valve seemed to fix that issue, but the RPM would stay up much...
  5. '99 EB Explorer

Lateral play??

Just wondering how much lateral play the axle shafts should have in the 31 spline 8.8?? Noticed some play when I had the wheels off the ground not long ago. Kinda scared me...was going to look into c-clip eliminators if this is a problem...
  6. '99 EB Explorer

ima be a daddy!!!!!

lol..first i'm going to set the record straight. I've already got a 5 year old girl. :D Sorry about the misleading title. I had to come home this morning to make sure she gets to summer school. But yeah, my wife was in labor for 18 hours before they decided that it was time for a C-section...
  7. '99 EB Explorer

ima be a daddy!!!!!

Wife went into labor about an hour ago! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :D :headbang: I'm here checkin the bank accounts and picking up some stuff for the stay at the hospital. See you guys on the flip side! :icon_thumby:
  8. '99 EB Explorer

2012 Boss 302!!!

Just found this on MSN news!! :yahoo: :yahoo: http://autos.ca.msn.com/reviews/2012/article.aspx?cp-documentid=28270263
  9. '99 EB Explorer

A couple 9" questions...

it would be more than that. The 8.8 on the explorer is only 59" wide according to the charts in the tech library and the econovan axles "should" be 68". I'm just trying to get as close as possible 'cause I can't stand the look when the front is wider than the rear. The old chevy 3/4 tons are...
  10. '99 EB Explorer

A couple 9" questions...

Yeah..I was leaning towards custom shafts..but I have no clue how much that would set me back and not sure where I'd get that done around here. Ideally I'd like to maybe come across some shafts that have the 4.5" bolt pattern that are long enough to swap in. Although I doubt that any of those...
  11. '99 EB Explorer

A couple 9" questions...

I posted this same thing in the Ranger axles section and didn't notice. So I'm re-posting here. Sorry. So to start things off, I'm looking into saving up for the Dixon Bro's Racing long travel coilover swap for my Explorer. http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/8/6/ It says it...
  12. '99 EB Explorer

Ford 9" questions...

So to start things off, I'm looking into saving up for the Dixon Bro's Racing long travel coilover swap for my Explorer. http://www.dixonbrosracing.com/content/view/8/6/ It says it makes the truck 4.5" wider per side. Based on my measurements, I'd have to find a rear axle that measures 68.5"...
  13. '99 EB Explorer

Hogs gone wild

Damn straight. The dogs should be trackers only and trained to keep their distance. You hear gun shots around here once in a while. Farmers are allowed to shoot anything that's on their land that's threatening their livestock around here. Even if the farm land is within a residential area.
  14. '99 EB Explorer

Hogs gone wild

I dub him....domestic doorgunner! :D That was awesome. Makes it look like nobody in the show knows what they're doing.
  15. '99 EB Explorer

Hogs gone wild

Yeah..I've seen it. I was asking myself the same question. A gun would go a long way in that show. The episode I saw had a guy follow an injured hog(that he had just shot with an arrow) into a series of tunnels in 8ft tall grass to go pull it out. This was in Hawaii. Same episode...they let...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad