• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 97Ranger3.0

1. 97Ranger3.0

2002 Ecoboost swapped Ranger build thread

Yeah that's what I figured, and what I could tell as well from pictures. I had also seen a few other people suggest putting a turbo to the stock duratech as well on this same thread. I will have to research that some more.
  2. 97Ranger3.0

Trouble is with that, those engines around here are going for 3-4k (at least the ones listed on car-part.com locally). Versus the 2.0 there are plenty around 1k or so. Also, would the 2.3 fit better in a Ranger and solve the firewall clearance issue versus the 2.0? I'm wondering if maybe a 2.0...
  3. 97Ranger3.0

I’ve read through all the info in this thread and I saw that the controls pack is no longer available. However I was also looking into the engine orientation kit and I think it might be unavailable now as well. Any site that I found selling it says it’s not in stock or unavailable. That being...
  4. 97Ranger3.0

How do I determine the fuse amperage required for my electric fan conversion?

I have a multimeter, but not an amp meter. I could be mistaken, but can't most multimeters only measure small amperages, like less than 10 amps?
  5. 97Ranger3.0

Wire Fan to A/C Switch

When it comes to wiring I'm very visual and need to draw it out lol. So would this be correct? The main relay is optional for power only when the key is on, or just go straight fused from the battery as you said. And the A/C relay 87 wire could splice into either low or high.
  6. 97Ranger3.0

Thanks guys (y) I don't have an amp meter, so I'll have to see if there's a rating on the motor somewhere or invest in one. I appreciate the advise, it'll help me a lot when I re-wire this set up properly
  7. 97Ranger3.0

Wire Fan to A/C Switch

Sorry, my handwriting is bad, what looks like 12V ALL is 12V ACC - like you had said I added that relay so that the fan would only come on with the key on. Thanks for the clarification on the temp switch - I didn't realize the switch would ground both at the same time when the temp gets hot...
  8. 97Ranger3.0

Ah okay that makes sense, thank you. That all makes sense to me. However, how can I determine how many amps the fan will draw other than just using a 60A fuse because Ford did in the car the fan came from? I've tried looking the fan up on parts websites to see if any of them list the amp draw...
  9. 97Ranger3.0

Wire Fan to A/C Switch

Would this be an accurate diagram based on how you described it? The only thing I changed is I used the A/C relay to bypass the temperature switch when activated. The reason being, I'd imagine you wouldn't want the possibility of the A/C relay activating the High side of the fan motor and the...
  10. 97Ranger3.0

Hey guys, Probably 4-5 years ago I did the electric fan swap on my Ranger following the article for the Volvo cooling fan swap. At the time I couldn't find any of the correct Volvo fans in my local salvage yard, so I ended up grabbing a fan out of a 97 Thunderbird 4.6 because it looked like it...
  11. 97Ranger3.0

99 Dodge 2500 Brake Master Cylinder Swap

When I went from 31" tires to 33's, I could feel a huge difference in the braking power of my truck. The truck could still stop fine, however if I needed to stop more suddenly I really felt like I was trying hard to get the truck to stop and I didn't feel like I was getting the full power of my...
  12. 97Ranger3.0

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

I had originally planned on doing the F350 master cylinder swap since I went up in tire size. But I knew it was going to be a bit of work to make fit in my truck and I don't really like making brake lines, so I procrastinated on it lol. But now I'm glad I did because I came across the 99 Dodge...
  13. 97Ranger3.0

99 Dodge 2500 Brake Master Cylinder Swap

I can't take credit for this, I originally saw it on Bill4's build thread, and the original article about it can be found here. There's a bit of info on this site about the F350 master swap, however there's some misinformation in the articles I've found regarding brake line fitting sizes/threads...
  14. 97Ranger3.0

Bill4's 93 ranger

I'm surprised there's so much info on here about doing the 85 F350 master swap but none about this one. The F350 master swap seems far more complicated considering our Rangers use metric fittings, and the F350 master does not, plus the ports are on the opposite side of the master and it needs to...
  15. 97Ranger3.0

3.0 Intermittent Stumble then Quit

I had already tried that at some point during the time I had been dealing with this issue with no change. Thank you though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad