• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 9723

1. 9723

Actuator door stuck on heat?

I'd certainly rather buy the doorman, but how long will it last? I don't wanna do it ever again. You're saying the metal at the top of the dorman makes a big difference?
  2. 9723

Heater Treater has a metal door for mine, if I need one. $119. Might be worth it, if I need one..... haven't looked yet. I have some other chores to do first.
  3. 9723

I've gotta see what it takes to get the motor out.
  4. 9723

Yes, max ac works very well, even after the engine warms up. Everywhere else is hot. Where the air comes from does work according to the selector. I guess that means it IS the blend motor or blend door, right? The ticking I've been hearing, on and off for years. Test it after removing? With...
  5. 9723

The lowest speeds are dead. Have been for a long time....top two speeds were the only ones I used anyway. They worked fine, so I never worried about it. Either way, I'll check when I'm not driving.
  6. 9723

I did change the control knob, and anything other than off seemed the same blast of very hot, including max ac, but I didn't spend but a very short period of time trying (a few seconds)...way to hot. Ive always been driving when I checked. I CAN try max heat again, for a couple minutes, or...
  7. 9723

I'll look either later today or tomorrow in the morning when it's cooler....still putting the inside trim back in from my transmission removal. Yeah, there's no way I'm going to pull the dashboard out. I'll look for the Dorman Kit.
  8. 9723

I've got to finish putting my interior trim back together today first, then I'll pull the glove box and have a look.
  9. 9723

A good article: "Another reported fail symptom is a clicking sound coming from behind the glove box." I always thought it was leaves had gotten in somehow. I don't really want to do a "nail" fix, but have to wonder if these parts are available? I'll have to pull the glove box and look first.
  10. 9723

Not sure what you mean by change location, but I replaced the valve your talking about a few years ago because it was leaking water. I don't think this is the issue as I've got plenty of heat....but I'll look. I thought it opened to allow hot water to go in the core, but I think it's the blend...
  11. 9723

Finally have to pull the trans.

Yes last evening, I pulled it out, washed it and drove it to the convenience store for a pint of ice cream. The trip is only 6 miles, but includes 4 miles of interstate at 60-65 mph. Doesn't look 24 years old, does it? It works better then the entire 20 years I've had it. I'd always thought...
  12. 9723

I have a '97 2.3 xlt that's stuck on full blast heat. I've tried to look at the vacuum lines and haven't seen any that look like they're leaking....can't be sure about that tho. What I'm asking is, where is the actuator (or blend) door? If I move the control knob to "anywhere", regardless of...
  13. 9723

It started easily, sounded like the exhsust is tight and went in first gear easily. It's never done that. 20 years ago when I bought it, 1st gear was touchy to get, even at a dead stop....it never got worse so I was careful with it....sure went into 1st much better now. ... gonna check the...
  14. 9723

One lever of confidence comes from: Every single bolt, nut or fastener I take off goes into a labeled ziplock bag and into a tub. At least that way I know I haven't missed anything. Haha, I learned that the hard way.
  15. 9723

...on the battery charger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad