• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

9723's latest activity

9723 replied to the thread Actuator door stuck on heat?.
    I'd certainly rather buy the doorman, but how long will it last? I don't wanna do it ever again. You're saying the metal at the top of...
    Heater Treater has a metal door for mine, if I need one. $119. Might be worth it, if I need one..... haven't looked yet. I have some...
    I've gotta see what it takes to get the motor out.
    9723 reacted to Dirtman's post in the thread Actuator door stuck on heat? with Like Like.
    This is about the only part on earth I'd recommend getting the cheap dorman replacement because even the Ford ones suck and they cost 5...
    Yes, max ac works very well, even after the engine warms up. Everywhere else is hot. Where the air comes from does work according to...
    The lowest speeds are dead. Have been for a long time....top two speeds were the only ones I used anyway. They worked fine, so I never...
    9723 reacted to RonD's post in the thread Actuator door stuck on heat? with Like Like.
    Yes, its called the Blend Door Actuator, Temp Knob controls this electric motor, 1995 and up Ranger It was a common part to fail on...
    9723 reacted to Broo's post in the thread Actuator door stuck on heat? with Like Like.
    My blend door actuator failed a few years ago and it was also stuck on full heat. Good thing it was winter, but even then, a single cab...
    I did change the control knob, and anything other than off seemed the same blast of very hot, including max ac, but I didn't spend but a...
    I'll look either later today or tomorrow in the morning when it's cooler....still putting the inside trim back in from my transmission...
    9723 reacted to 55trucker's post in the thread Actuator door stuck on heat? with Like Like.
    I'll rephrase.......HVAC box, open the glovebox door, swing it down all the way (release the stops), one can see the motor on top of the...
    9723 reacted to RobbieD's post in the thread Finally have to pull the trans. with Like Like.
    Good for you, man. You earned it!
    I've got to finish putting my interior trim back together today first, then I'll pull the glove box and have a look.
    9723 reacted to 55trucker's post in the thread Actuator door stuck on heat? with Like Like.
    I'll bet that either the door actuator has failed, or the door itself is broken. It is an electric motor that is located on top of the...
    A good article: "Another reported fail symptom is a clicking sound coming from behind the glove box." I always thought it was leaves...