• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 96POSRANGER4X4

1. Cmp removed without noting position of shaft, how can I get it put back in properly?

I think I still have one somewhere, I didn't think of that. Been so long since I needed to use one of those lol. Back out to the shop I guess, (sigh), I really don't like the location of the cam sync, I wish I had done it before I put the top end back together but most likely would still have to...
  2. Cmp removed without noting position of shaft, how can I get it put back in properly?

Ok so I re did the synchro, with the install tool and got it started but it is running rough abd backfiring thru the intake it sounds like. The paper that came with the cam synchro implied that the unit should be at a particular degree but didn't list a degree for my part number of course, I...
  3. Cmp removed without noting position of shaft, how can I get it put back in properly?

Ok so I'm a bit confused, I bought a new synchro because the old one was not in good shape. It came with an install tool, but the "vane" is not centered in the window when I use it. It is 1\4 turn before the window. I installed it this way but the truck would not start. I'm thinking the vane...
  4. Updating the 3.0L Tech Page - Suggestions Needed

It would v be nice to have a page or links to the torque specs for various years and models that could be easily accessed, if that doesn't already exist. It might reduce the amount of redundant questions people ask and save time sifting through random forum posts trying to find them. That's my 2...
  5. Cmp removed without noting position of shaft, how can I get it put back in properly?

Ahh, that sounds simple enough . Trying that when I get home, I read some other posts that made it sound like mission impossible.
  6. Cmp removed without noting position of shaft, how can I get it put back in properly?

Pulled the cmp shaft out, didn't pay attention to it's position and put it back in incorrectly. Thought my firing order was wrong when I tried to start it but not the case. Has to be that darn cmp shaft. Can any one tell me how to get it back in correctly? I don't want to have to guess at it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad