• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 92 5 oh

1. question about installing gears using MHD

I've installed gears before, it's been several years and last time we measured the pinion depth. I'm shooting to swap gears in my 8.8 but I'm thinking about doing it the MHD method. But I'm a little unclear about something. The current inner pinion bearing is a certain height but I don't know...
  2. D35 SLA with vacuum disconnect disassembly

My local jy was having a sale so I went to yank out some new gears for my 98 ranger D35 SLA. Ideally I would have taken the entire front axle but the only one with 4.10’s was from an explorer with a vacuum disconnect. I yanked the whole axle and put it in the back of the truck so I can hopefully...
  3. What year explorer CV's to replace PVM hubs?

On my 98 Ranger one of my wheel hub assemblies is on its way out the door so this might be a good opportunity to upgrade to a live axle setup. I've read the tech article and searched the forums but can't find this answer... From an Explorer, what year CV's will fit my 98 Ranger? The tech...
  4. OEM step rail compatibility

Hey guys, I've been looking for some step rails for my 98 Ranger extended cab and some just popped up on craigslist but I'm just not sure about compatibility of years. I tried calling the seller to see what year his truck was, but no answer. The truck is def a 2nd or 3rd gen extended cab...
  5. Coolant bubbling over reservoir

Hey everyone, my fiancée has a 01 civic, a few months ago we were driving home on the highway and I noticed the temp gauge was climbing to the red as we were pulling in to the driveway. There was coolant on the top of the radiator and it appeared that it was leaking out of the cap. So I...
  6. How effective is the mustang rear disc swap?

In the near future I was planning on repacking the clutch packs in my diff and one thing lead to another...here I am reading about how simple the mustang rear disc brake swap is. I often pull a boat, coupled with 32's, I wouldn't mind some extra braking power. I'd likely stay away from the...
  7. 5R55E lunges when stopped and compressor engages

This isn't anything urgent or problematic, but since I'm sitting on my tail and thinking about it, figured I'd see if anyone has any thoughts. I have a 98 ranger with a 4.0 OHV and 5R55E. Since I purchased the truck about 8 years ago it's done this. When I am stopped, in gear, it'll slightly...
  8. Front brakes creak on Civic

This isn't necessarily an urgent issue, but more of an ongoing issue. I've done more brake jobs that I can count and have never had one fight me like this. The car is my girlfriends 2001 honda civic, for some time (several months) the brakes are making a creaking sound when under light brake...
  9. HVAC help, anyone good with return duct sizing?

Hi everyone, Not too long ago I bought a house that needs a bunch of work. I'm pretty familiar with most things except HVAC. In 2011 the previous home owner had a new AC unit installed. It included the air handler/heat pump, which is located in the garage and the condensor unit outside. All...
  10. Wiring ceiling fan with wireless remote and wall switch?

I hope I am describing this accurately and someone can confirm my thoughts. Yesterday I bought a new ceiling fan with a built in remote. I've installed a bunch of fans, and installed remotes as an addition to a few. The remotes I am familiar with have two AC inputs and three outputs. This...
  11. 5R55E Torque Converter Noise in a Ranger??

'Afternoon, A few weeks ago I noticed a noise coming from my truck that sounded almost exactly like a loud belt tensioner and even had some the same characteristics. When in part the noise isn't too apparent, it's the worst when I am in gear and not moving, it seems to go away for the most part...
  12. 98 Ranger face lift

i've been wanting to lift my truck for a while, i finally found some mickey thompson classic II and 32x11.50 BGF all terrains for a good deal. picked them up, and a 3" body lift. went to do the lift a few weeks ago, my girlfriends honda broke down (shocker) so i had to fix it instead. went to...
  13. camping and fish at Lake Gaston, VA

My buddies and I try are trying to make it bi-annual man-trip to Lake Gaston for a little fishing, camping, drinking and guy time. For those of you that may not be familiar with Gaston, it's one of the larger lakes on the east coast and is in both VA and NC. Several years ago i found a...
  14. 2003 explorer front driveshaft/yoke question

hey guys, I'm not sure the best place to post this ... I'm helping my friend with his 03 explorer 4x4. The original owner did not have the driveshaft so we researched it for a bit and apparently it has to be a driveshaft from an 03-05 explorer or mountaineer. So we found one on craigslist...
  15. 2003 explorer front driveshaft compatibility?

so my buddy picked up a 2003 Explorer, according to the tech library it has either 5R55W or 5R55S (there's a slight discrepancy in the article). We need to find a front driveshaft for it since his is missing. Does anyone have any info about the driveshaft? length? compatibility? Can we use a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad