• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 90B2

1. Found! 1990 B2 or Ranger ecu

Forgot to come back and update the post. I sold the B2 and the new owner is getting the correct ecm. Thanks for the replies!
  2. 90 Bronco II ecm issues

I've come to the conclusion that someone has swapped out the wiring harness in this one. Per the vin number, this one is a Federal Emissions B2. I have tried 2 ecm's for federal and the same issue occurs...check engine light for a map sensor eror. I know the difference between map and maf...
  3. 90 Bronco II ecm issues

The replacement ecm does the same thing, still shows a check engine light with obd1 code 22...guess I'll try some of those salvage yards and see if I can come up with something.
  4. 90 Bronco II ecm issues

I really do appreciate the leg work your doing. I have been talking with an eBay company that sells reman ecm's and they were able to use my vin to get the correct ecm for the B2. It was late in the day and I'll have an answer tomorrrow if they have one (I pretty much spent half a day roaming...
  5. Found! 1990 B2 or Ranger ecu

My B2 has a 2.9, auto transmission, 4wd and a MAF sensor. There is a difference in the ecu programming so I need an ecu that came from a Ranger or B2 that has a MAF sensor not a MAP sensor. I believe 1991 Ranger was the same ecu. I have an ecu that was in a MAP sensor vehicle and that's the...
  6. 90 Bronco II ecm issues

I sent back the old ecu for a core. It was a used replacement but worked...up until it died after me owning the B2 for 6 years. It was in the B2 when I bought it. The ecu I bought was for Federal emissions auto transmission. This is why I was wondering about differences in the emission...
  7. 90 Bronco II ecm issues

My 90 B2 crapped the ecm and I got a replacement from Oreilleys. The B2 will start and run fine but I get a check engine light for the map sensor...this one has a maf sensor. On the Oreilley web site it doesn't distinguish between the 2 sensors when ordering a reman ecm so it's a crap shoot...
  8. The search continues for my mysterious surging idle/stalling issue

Ok I sent you a message a few minutes ago, guess you haven't seen it yet.
  9. The search continues for my mysterious surging idle/stalling issue

Anyways, here's my .02 on this. If you have a correct ecm, leave it in. I just replaced the ecm in my 90 B2 and there are a few different listings for the 90 and a lot of it depended on Federal emissions or California emissions. I don't know if 87's had a check engine light or not, I believe...
  10. The search continues for my mysterious surging idle/stalling issue

That was a comment to a post from how far back I don't know. The guy said one of the things that can cause surging is if the modulator valve on the transmission was blown and the engine was sucking transmission fluid through the vacuum line. Just disregard the comment as the original post could...
  11. The search continues for my mysterious surging idle/stalling issue

If it were sucking in atf it would be smoking out the tail pipe. He doesn't mention that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad