8thTon's latest activity

• 8thTon
    8thTon replied to the thread Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!!.
    So you're Rusty's White Knight come to rescue him from some annoying guy who deal with facts rather than hand waving? Rusty is clearly...
  • 8thTon
    That is your suggestion, not mine - don't try to pretend it's my quote. You've quoted HP at one rpm, what does the power curve look...
  • 8thTon
    Generally when one goes for the cheap shot it means you are unable to support your position, and reflects poorly on you. Your proposed...
  • 8thTon
    So when did 3.07 become the morally correct gear ratio? You’re just setting arbitrary requirements to support your notions.
  • 8thTon
    Practically speaking we’re not really talking 10:1 on these engines, and you wouldn’t need more gears, just the correct final drive...
  • 8thTon
    Yes, the losses in that C6 are huge, but what does that have to do with the engine? And if the 3.07 gears are not correct for the power...
  • 8thTon
    Because of the shape of the power curve, and because there is more energy in a gallon of diesel than in a gallon of gasoline. And...
  • 8thTon
    Gears do not change the output power at all. If you put 600hp into a 10:1 gear set you get 600hp out of it (minus minor friction...
  • 8thTon
    Anyways, having precise cam timing appears to be the reason to eliminate the key/pin, but Ford screwed something up in either the design...
  • 8thTon
    Where is the big mystery here? You could apply "ecoboost" techniques to a 460, it would be killer. Add small turbos, DOHC and 4 valves...
  • 8thTon
    Viable fusion power is the energy source of tomorrow, and always will be. The only fusion power we have access to is the sun, and it's...
  • 8thTon
    Lol, you’re just flinging poo now, and you still haven’t figured out what gears are. I show you an engine with a fat power band and you...
  • 8thTon
    The engine in my car makes 160hp at 5500rpm. The torque curve is flat from 1750 to 5500rpm. It's a 1.4L Turbo - it would make a great...
  • 8thTon
    8thTon reacted to 85_Ranger4x4's post in the thread Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!! with Like Like.
    Hey! The customer is always right! (I am being sarcastic with all this)
  • 8thTon
    Then see if you can get someone to make one for you or make it yourself. But just because someone wants something doesn't mean someone...