• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 88stepside

1. 88stepside

Stepside 1st gen

Jim Oaks, the story I got when I bought mine in November of 87' was that the truck had been "driven back from Sturgis". I think it was 8 years ago now that I found a Craigslist ad for the stepside bed molds. I can't remember where I drove to but it was North-Eastern lower peninsula Michigan...
  2. 88stepside

Sorry so delayed, bought it new in 1987. Sold it in 99'. Found it and bought it back again in...

Sorry so delayed, bought it new in 1987. Sold it in 99'. Found it and bought it back again in 12'. Totaled it with-in the same year. Been piecing it back together ever since.
  3. 88stepside

Stepside 1st gen

Jovibuilt is the King of Stepsides, he came up to Michigan to pick up the production molds for the stepsides probably 5 years ago. I found them for sale, he wanted them. Seems to me he got a mold for a fiberglass floor too. I totaled my truck just prior to that so he hauled up an 88' extended...
  4. 88stepside

Stepside 1st gen

So Shran, what is the box floor? Is that wood? Been toying with converting mine to wood. The steel is pretty rusty on mine!
  5. 88stepside

88 Ranger horn wiring

Replaced my wiring harness in my 88 Ranger extended cab and the horn connector is different. Original is two prong and replacement is three prong. The only difference between original and donor is donor was tilt steering and cruise. Original was not. I do not even see the availability of two...
  6. 88stepside

floor repair

Looking like I am going to need to do rocker, cab corner and floor on the drivers side of my 88 ranger. What years would match for the floor. I know 83-88, but can I get anything newer to fit right?
  7. 88stepside

Reunited with my truck!!!

I bought an 88 Ranger in October of 87'. It was customized with a fiberglass box and charcoal and silver stripes on a black paint job. I think the dealership sent it out to Sturgis, MI to have it done. When I bought it, it had 136 miles on it. After 113,000 miles, I put a 302 into it. It never...
  8. 88stepside

wiring diagram 88 ranger

Looking for a wiring diagram for an 88 ranger. Looking to hook up the factory gauges but the plug has been removed on the fire-wall. Anyone know where to track down a wiring diagram?
  9. 88stepside

Wires for stock gauges

Looking for info on what wires run what gauges. Want to use my dash gauges. Not much left of the wire harness other than a few stubbs through the firewall. Thinking I'll have to pick up sending units for the original 2.0L?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad