• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 88RangerNate

1. Add a Leaf for 1988 Ranger XLT 4wd

Hi @gaz thanks for the tips! I had planned on heading to the junkyard for a few odds and ends anyways so I'll keep my eyes peeled for an early Explorer. Already ordered the extended U-bolts so I'm just about all set for the add-a-leaf.
  2. Add a Leaf for 1988 Ranger XLT 4wd

Thanks @SenorNoob. I'll leave the factory springs in there. I assume I'll need to size up my u bolts. Any recs there?
  3. Add a leaf

Thanks for the info. Thats my logic as well. I think I'll end up going with the add-a leaf option, but good to know airbags are applicable as well. Thanks man, much appreciated.
  4. Add a leaf

What brand of air bags did you use? I got a wildernest camper and it’s pretty heavy compared to other toppers so looking to give the truck a little more capacity. I don’t intend on towing anything so not sure if I would go the airbag route. Thanks for the info!
  5. Add a leaf

Anyone had experience with add-a-leaf on an 88 Ranger? Looks easy enough to do, but would love to hear from anyone who’s tried.
  6. Add a Leaf for 1988 Ranger XLT 4wd

Hey everyone. I recently picked up a Wildernest topper for my ranger and while I love it does weight more than I thought. I'm considering an add-a leaf kit like this one, https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/add-a-leaf-kits. Anyone have experience with these? Seems pretty simple to install but any...
  7. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

Wow that's a sharp looking truck. Nice work. Turns out the compressor was fine, just needed a new schrader valve. Whew!
  8. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

That's great to hear! I'll pick up a gauge and test it out. Thanks!
  9. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

Anyone have any experience replacing the valve lifters on an 88? I'm getting some valve tap. Added some seafoam to the crankcase and have gone about 1500 miles since then. Still starts to tap if the engine gets real warm or if I'm on the highway. Pretty quiet when I'm just driving round town...
  10. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

Hey everyone, So I'm embarking on my to-do list here soon and would love to hear if anyone has had to replace the oil pump or main bearings, and if anyone has experience with these in high altitude environments. I'm hearing some valve tap after a trip up the Rockies and suspect low oil pressure...
  11. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

Anyone every replaced the AC compressor on one of these?
  12. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

Vent hose, that makes sense! Thanks.
  13. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

Hey guys. Thanks for the welcome. Here she is. Anybody know the topper size for this things? Here's the shortlist...much more to come, I'm sure, New Topper, New Radio, Possible A/C Compressor replacement, Parking Break Cable repair, 2-3 inch lift Also, any idea what this is coming off the...
  14. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

I'll snap some photos today and post later, along with a shortlist of work I'll be doing. Thanks for the welcome.
  15. New Here, 1988 Ranger XLT

Hey everyone, I recently took home a beautiful 88 Ranger XLT. 85k, one owner, garage kept. I'll be wrenching on it as best I can. I don't have an extensive background in auto work so I think this site is going to become a valuable resource for me. Nathan

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad