• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 88ranger5speed

1. 7.5 to 8.8 conversion

I have a 1988 ford ranger that came factory with the 7.5 inch rear end...i'm almost at the end of my 8.8 swap but the bolt patterns are different. i have the yoke to match the 8.8 but i need the u joint to connect it to my drive shaft...anyone know what i would neeed?
  2. Bed side replacement?

What does it take to replace the bed sides on a ranger? I just kissed a guardrail with mine the other night...:( She has some cancer spots too... I was thinking baja bed sides also...
  3. Twin I beam to ttb

I have my 88 ranger. And I just can't get enough lift for it. I'm trying to fit 35s and one of my buddies at work said "you're doing this to a 2wd truck." It kinda intruded me to wonder if ttb is a bolt in swap because I'm not mechanically inclined enough for a sas right now.
  4. Radiator hoses for a body lift?

I want to know what you guys used for radiator hoses on your body lifted trucks? I ran stock and they kinked and started leaking. Then I bought the gates Vulcan hoses which also kinked and ended up blowing my water pump...
  5. My ranger hates me...

2 weeks ago I bought a 2008 honda civic...I've been dd my ranger for 2 years now and I decided to keep the miles under 100k and build it slowly. I've been driving it once a week around the block a few times and after today's drive this is what I see... I think someone is retaliating... How...
  6. Ranger retirement...

Decided to retire my ranger. 88 5 speed 2.9 2wd. It's gonna become a project. I have a 2 inch leveling coils and a 3 inch body lift. Also have a 8.8 ranger rear end with 4.10s limited slip... Loan came in for a 2007 scion tc with 9th on it.
  7. Oil pressure....

Is this normal? Oil pressure is high and the oil dummy light is on but the oil level is fine. 1. Is the pressure too high? 2.are the incidents related?
  8. Rear end purchase...what to look for?

I have found a rear end 3.73 LS. And I was wondering what to look for inside of it to make sure it is good?
  9. Tire question?

I have an 88 ranger with a 3 inch body lift and leveling coils in the front and one inch blocks in the rear. I'm looking at bf Goodrich 33x10.50r15s. My biggest question is will they fit? And I know I need an allignment... it's 35 inches from ground to wheel arch with 235/75r15 the current...
  10. 88 Ranger 2wd Build!!

Picked this puppy up off Craigslist for 40$
  11. Electrical issues 88 2.9

Hey guys, my ranger has been acting strange. First, I mostly notice this after a rain, when I flip on my left turn signal the back brake light goes completely out but will correct itself eventually, and second, I got a new fuel tank, pump, sending unit, and connector but my fuel gauge always...
  12. No spark! 2.9

I have a 2.9 with a new coil pack, distributor cap and button, and the tfi tested good. I parked it to put a new transmission in it and it ran til I got a mile down the road and it still won't start. Could it be the pickup coil or the distributor itself? Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  13. 88 ranger sending unit

my lock ring for my fuel tank wont seem to fit over the sending unit...HELP!!!
  14. m50d find maybe...tips?

I was at napa picking up a fuel filter for the red rocket (94 f-150)and the lady told me her husband owned a ford graveyard. She has a 90 ranger with a blown 2.9. What are the chances of it being a mazda tranny and not a mitsubishi one...and what should i look for if it happends to be a mazda? i...
  15. 94 f150 300 4.9 terrible gas mileage.

I have a 94 f-150 straight 6, 5 speed, 3 inch body lift running 31x10.50x15 as my dd. one day a spark plug ejected from the engine and it ran fine after we put a new one in it. But now the check engine light comes on when running under about 2k rpms. It's getting 10mpg anything I can do to help...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad