• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 88ranger2.95sp

1. Electric T-case question

Ok maybe a simple fix for you guys, but this T-Case is kicking my ass. It kept getting stuck in low range, so I removed the motor and bench tested it. Rotates both ways. I then went through the diagnostic procedure on here (with the multimeter) and I was getting wierd values for the motor (?)...
  2. Quick T-Case question

I'm swapping transfer cases on two of my rangers, and scrapping one. One has a M5OD with an electronic 1354, and the other has the FM146 with a manual 1350. I want to switch the M1350 over to the M5. Will this bolt up? Also will the front driveshaft from the 1350 bolt up to the D35...
  3. 8.8 swap into 2gen ranger

I tried a quick search but didn't find the exact answer that I was looking for. I'm considering building a cheap trail slut. If this happens, many pictures and a thread will follow :icon_thumby: I have a 2gen ranger (not sure what year exactly, 90-92) std cab long bed 2.9 5sp elect. T-case...
  4. Carrier bearing replacement

So I was doing my pre-wheeling inspection and I noticed I can move my d-shaft inside the carrier bearing about a half inch in each direction. I'm assuming it's shot, and I already bought another one. Now I haven't taken a real good look at it on how to replace it, but I'm assuming you have to...
  5. New wheels

Ranger #2. I'm currently running 32" swampers on the stock (painted black:D) wheels, 15x7 if not mistaken. I'm lookin at these bad boys: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=USW%2D70%2D5812&N=700+4294923105+4294793325+4294795098+4294755963+115&autoview=sku The price...
  6. Coolant in the oil?

Ok, I'm losing coolant. Water pump is ok, hose clamps are tight. Heater core doesn't leak. New upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. I just put them on myself and I did it right. It can't be a head gasket, my compression checks out even 140 +/- ~7 psi across the board. I'm not losing a...
  7. Exhaust mileage?

Ranger #2. 2.9. I just pulled the motor out and was checking out the exhaust. The cats have been hollowed out by the previous owner(s). For now, I have a brand-x cherrybomb on there just to muffle the sound a bit. Then I got to thinking.. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO BACK PRESSURE! They're both...
  8. Jeep coils?

Ok, I'm looking to lift my ranger juuuust a little bit. I currently have the 'stiff' TTB coils stock from a D28 w/ coil spacers. I don't need a SAS, so please don't suggest it or anything radical like it. For the terrain I wheel in, it's mostly mud. And there's a few trails here and there...
  9. Important clutch questions...

Ok over the weekend I've pulled the 2.9 out of Ranger #2 and looked it over, replacing the rear seal, pan gasket, clutch, slave cylinder, clutch line, oil pump and oil pickup tube. Whew it's been a long few days. Now the truck isn't on the road, but I have driven it around 100 ft. When I hit...
  10. 2.3 Ranger Timing Belt

Ok guys I got a bidduva problem here. Ranger #5; the Opec fighter. Timing belt blew. Non-interference motor. PHEW! My neighbor volunteered to do it (he works at Monro Muffler) and he tried to start it four times (obviously after the job was done). He lined up the marks on the crank, the...
  11. Welding the front end?

Question about one of my many rangers. '91 2.9 5sp. D35 front. I want to weld the front of it in order to gain winter traction. Is this a bad idea? It already has Warn manual hubs. So if I weld the front with neither hub being locked in, obviously there's no effect. If I lock one hub in...
  12. SBC in a ranger?

Don't hate me. Got a '97 ranger 4.0 5sp 2wd. My dad asked me to post a thread asking some questions regarding this. The distributor is in the back, not the front. Notching of the firewall is needed? Steering box issues? Heater box issues? What headers will fit? Transmission, and...
  13. 2.3 Problems??

Hey all. I have the oppertunity to buy add yet another ranger to my collection. This would be number four. It's a 1997 2.3 5sp 2wd short box, short cab. 11x,000 miles. Body is in GGGRREEAAT shape. Clutch is good. Interior is mint. $700. Problems: Needs lower ball joint. No problem...
  14. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am.

I've had it for a while. Not mine, but similar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y20xKlZxqUk&feature=related OR... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUBdsIcsXg Except I'm not losing. Lol. It needs floors. It needs paint. It needs alooot of bodywork. It almost seems not worth it. It's...
  15. New Ranger!!

With some problems... '93 ranger 4.0, 5sp, 2wd. It's quick. *96,000 miles. * is probably 1. The 4.0 ticks. Since it's 2.9's big brother, is it also normal? It always has a constant tick. No louder, no softer with speed etc... Do the two engines share similar *crappy* oiling systems? Rob

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad