• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86rangerxlt

1. 86rangerxlt

I need interior ideas.

so post some photos. I just bought my 2002 reg cab and cant seem to figure out what I want to do with the interior. I need inspiration.
  2. 86rangerxlt

Think this would be a good setup?

So I'm thinking about running this setup in my 2002 reg cab. I dont know a whole lot about car audio but I put this together what do you think? Kenwood KFC-C6893PS 6"x8" 3-way car speakers JVC Arsenal KD-A925BT CD receiver Sound Ordnance™ M-2100 2-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 2...
  3. 86rangerxlt

Well here goes nothing...

Finally bought myself a much more reliable ranger. A 2002 Reg Cab 2.3L and 5 speed with only 138k on it, so the 86 is getting sold. I hate to see it go. It was the first vehicle I bought on my own. Plus all the blood sweat and tears I've put into it... oh and the money too lol.
  4. 86rangerxlt

Its starting to look good for me.

Now that I'm finally working im looking at going down to the junkyard and picking up a carb'd 302 and a t5 transmission to dump into my ranger within the next couple weeks. Of course soon as i get them home they'll be torn down and rebuilt. any tips you guys can give me to make this swap go...
  5. 86rangerxlt

Motor wont spin after putting it back in.

okay so i pulled the motor. replaced the rear main seal new oil pan gasket. put the flywheel and torque converter back on. torqued them down. put the motor back in spun it before it got it all the way in to make sure the spline was meshed seemed so. dropped it in. got everything bolted up went...
  6. 86rangerxlt

Torque specs??

Need torque specs for my 2.9 v6 rod caps Main caps oil pump and oil pickup tube.
  7. 86rangerxlt

Pulling motor

right now im in the process of pulling my 2.9 so far i have the radiator out, engine harness disconnected, and power steering pump off to the side. now my question is... is there any special technique to getting the motor unbolted from the tranny? or am i better off just pulling them both at...
  8. 86rangerxlt

dropping the oil pan

currently dropping the oil pan on my truck. and all i have to say is its a PITA. anyone have any special way of getting around the tranny cooler lines to pull it off. i broke the motor mounts loose and jacked the motor up. but i really dont want to have to pull it to change the oil pump.
  9. 86rangerxlt

valve lash and compression.

does anyone know what the valve lash specs are. i seem to be having problems with no. 5 cylinder not holding compression.. also when doing a compression test on the 2.9 what are the ideal numbers. thanks in advance. :icon_thumby:
  10. 86rangerxlt

Thinking about it.

Since my 86 Ranger needs a new motor, i figure might was well drop a 302 in there. as this will be my first swap, I was just wondering if there is any way that i can run it with no ecu. also wanted to know what would be the best manual transmission to go with. thanks in advance.
  11. 86rangerxlt

Light Kit.

i just bought the blazer driving light kit. just wondering what would be the best way to route the wiring to the cab and best place to mount the switch. in my 86 ranger
  12. 86rangerxlt

60/40 bench conversion?

so i found this article in the tech library http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/6040tobuckets.htm on my truck my drivers seat goes across the center seat. the one in the picture looks like its just the armrest and the seat with no back? on my truck can i cut all the way up? then just...
  13. 86rangerxlt

Big Bear?

as some of you know due to the recent storm in southern california, the roads to big bear are all closed. what i need to know is if anyone knows anyway to get there without taking the roads ie a trail, or making your own road. basically i have family just below big bear who cant get out. and we...
  14. 86rangerxlt

After a little mud fun.

Notice the only thing that stayed clean was that Ford emblem ;) Something in the mud didnt like me so it popped my tire. eh hell with it ill drive to school and fix it there. what do you guys think? this is my first truck been putting alot of work into it, and trying to find time to...
  15. 86rangerxlt

4wd problems

on my ranger im having some trouble with the 4wd. seems like only 4lo and 2hi work. cant get it to work in 4hi. light comes on for 4lo but not 4hi. and i stick it in 4hi and it just revs like its in neutral. im wondering if my tcase is dust? or do i just need to adjust the shift linkage? thanks..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad