• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86RangerXL

1. What size are the bolts for the fuel injector rail?

Nevermind, thankfully I found the bolts.
  2. What size are the bolts for the fuel injector rail?

What size are the bolts for the fuel injector rail? I lost the bag that had all 4 bolts that hold down the fuel rail for the injection and have no idea what size they are so I can't just go out and buy more.
  3. Should I replace my oil pump?

Pretty sure its only got 126k on it. The odometer rolled over but its too nice to be 226k
  4. Should I replace my oil pump?

I had to take my oil pump out (something fell into the rod and pushed it off center, had to remove pump to dislodge it) and its the original 37 y/o pump . Do yall think it's worth it to just replace it now that I've got it off just for peace of mind? New Melling one is only about $100 after...
  5. Can't Get Distributor In

To answer your first message, It's a tiny rubber mallet with a head the size of a quarter and weighs as much as a screwdriver. I was just using the weight of it and gravity to tap the distributor, not actually using any force, but I don't know what hold down clamp your talking about
  6. Can't Get Distributor In

Just tried that several times while turning it a whole 360 degrees while pushing or gently tapping with a small rubber mallet. Didn't budge
  7. Can't Get Distributor In

How would I align them?
  8. Can't Get Distributor In

I did that for cylinder one and am pretty sure I stopped it at TDC. It still refuses to go in further than barely on the gear no matter what direction I put the rotor at while at TDC. Just to confirm, this is TDC, right?
  9. Can't Get Distributor In

Yep
  10. Can't Get Distributor In

First time I've done any sort of engine work beyond replacing valve cover gaskets.
  11. Can't Get Distributor In

Are you sure that the oil pump drive thing isn't bent? It looks very off-center
  12. Can't Get Distributor In

No matter what I do, it refuses to go in. I've tried it while turning the engine a lot, pushing lightly, pushing hard, wiggling everything, nothing works.
  13. Can't Get Distributor In

Sorry for posting a new question almost every day, my pile of junk has a lot of problems. Anyway, I put on a new intake manifold gasket, put the actual manifold on, and then when I go to put the distributor in, it refuses to go in. I marked out exactly where it was when I pulled it out, and...
  14. Intake Manifold Torque Sequence and Specs?

When actually doing it, I realized I'm dumb and thats for a 4.0, so I just did criss cross middle working out
  15. Intake Manifold Torque Sequence and Specs?

Nevermind, I got it. 6 FT lbs at start, then 11, then 15, then 18, then finally check and retighten after warmup and this is the order.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad