• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86isuzu

1. 86isuzu

Great site but you got a typo

according to my lookup: BH36845 Buick Skylark1979-1979 Cadillac Seville1979-1979 Chevrolet Camaro1979-1981 Chevrolet Nova1979-1979 Oldsmobile Omega1979-1979 Pontiac Firebird1979-1981 Pontiac Phoenix1979-1979
  2. 86isuzu

WTB: FX4 manual shift knob

I tried. No luck as of yet
  3. 86isuzu

Yeah... I got shafted
  4. 86isuzu

Gotcha. Someone did message me about selling one. I'm a little unsure about it, if I'm lucky it'll actually show up
  5. 86isuzu

Really? What else besides the Ranger?
  6. 86isuzu

I've looked on car-part, no luck as of yet. I've got an ebay saved search as well, no luck yet.
  7. 86isuzu

https://www.ranger-forums.com/old-interior-exterior-electrical-misc-119/fx4-manual-shift-knob-162739/ This is what it looks like
  8. 86isuzu

Still looking
  9. 86isuzu

FX4 manual xcase

Awesome. Thanks. I will check that out.
  10. 86isuzu

FX4 manual xcase

Not yet. I honestly wasn't sure where to begin. I'll crawl underneath and check it out. I assume its similar to the older BW1350?
  11. 86isuzu

FX4 manual xcase

Hey all, I've an '03 FX4 level II with the manual tranny & transfer case. It does not easily shift into a gear other than 2H or N. 4H kinda goes in, and seems to work, but finding the notch (assuming there's a proper notch) is vague. I have yet to get 4L to engage. Also, the 4x4 dash lights...
  12. 86isuzu

Man Trans Removal

Update: I ended up keeping them connected. It certainly was a bit unwieldly, but with a cheap tranny jack and a floor jack it wasn't terrible. Managed to move the transmission back just enough to pop the old slave out and reinstall.
  13. 86isuzu

Man Trans Removal

I don't have a tranny jack. I was thinking about picking up one of the cheap harbor freight ones though. If not, I'll attempt to ratchet strap it to my good jack.
  14. 86isuzu

Man Trans Removal

Awesome. Thanks for the help!
  15. 86isuzu

Man Trans Removal

Hey all, I couldn't find the answer in a few a searches, so working on my '89 BII. I need to drop the tranny to replace the master and slave cyl. Should I unbolt the transmission from the transfer case, or remove them as one assembly? It would appear that I can disconnect them while not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad