• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86 slo-vo

1. 86 slo-vo

Happy fathers day....

To the TRS dads. any swinging dick can be a dad, it takes a man to be a father. Have a good one. And everybody else go see your old man, he'd probably appreciate it.
  2. 86 slo-vo

Revs high between gears. (3500-4000rpm)

It's a 94 3.0 5 speed 4x4. I changed the iac without much luck. What do you guys think it is? I shot a quick video to give you an idea of what it's doing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH998x8BsU4
  3. 86 slo-vo

hybrid front axle Ford8.8/Dana30

nice work, a cool idea....but seems to be alot of work for a pretty week axle still.
  4. 86 slo-vo

Picked up a new head unit today.

Was bidding on it last night and it went for more then I was willing to pay, but this afternoon I got a second chance offer on it. For $150 I think I did pretty good. It's an alpine x305s. I don't even own a CD anymore so I think it will suit me fine. I'm not much on the looks but from all...
  5. 86 slo-vo

ford escape. anybody have one?

looking at one for the wife, its an 01-02 4x4 3.0 v6 with some high miles but its cheap. just wondering if anybody had any issues with higher mileage escapes.
  6. 86 slo-vo

eb question

nah just spices things up a little, dont know how i missed this one.
  7. 86 slo-vo

alpine cda-105?

i used to have an alpine cda-9856. i loved it and wanted another, but unfortunanly i missed a killer deal on one on ebey because i had no service :annoyed: so i got to looking at some of their newer models and saw the cda-105. anybody running one?
  8. 86 slo-vo

project family wheeler. chop top 1 ton explorer.

well i guess its time to start a new thread for the explorer, the ranger will be gone next weekend. im starting with a 94 explorer currently: 4.0 a4ld 1354 warn winch bumper and not much else, its been sitting on jackstands for several months now. after buying it down in florida i drove it...
  9. 86 slo-vo

found some jeep axles

you dont want a grand cherokee d-30, thay are ALL low pinion. what he will want is a 97+ cherokee d-30
  10. 86 slo-vo

found some jeep axles

the nly thing done to my d35 is a true-trac and 4.10's and i have no doubt a d-30 would do everything ive done up to this point without trouble just like my d-35. and ill say it again, NO i dont condone swapping in a d-30 into a ranger just to get a solid axle. its not worth it compared to the...
  11. 86 slo-vo

found some jeep axles

if everybody could afford to do it with 1 tons or rockwells the first time around there probably woulndt be much need for this site. everybody has to start somewhere. and back to my original statement a d-30 can handle a 35" tire without problems. and yes the people that run around in a jeep...
  12. 86 slo-vo

found some jeep axles

Exactly, depends on the driver. I drive on the easier side until I need to get on it a little. The guys that just point it in a general direction and put it on the floor are the guys that break every single trip and ruin everybody else's trip.
  13. 86 slo-vo

found some jeep axles

a d28 and a dana 30 front axle arent in the same catagory. the 28 is junk and cant even take 31's. a stock d-30 can handle 33's-35's without much problems... though i still dont suggest running one.
  14. 86 slo-vo

turkey bay trip, june 10-12.

was a great trip, was a bit warm but wasnt too bad. alot of carnage, including a flop but i didnt get any pictures because i left my camera in the truck when i went running down the hill. Bray D. was good to finally meet you man, hope we can do it again. i took about 200 pictures all...
  15. 86 slo-vo

1 ton sas soon, need advice.

ok i picked up a 60 last week, 02 unit bearing balljoint axle. im still trying to decide what i want to do for front suspension, leaves will be easy but i like the idea of coils or air shocks. my problem when it comes to links is that the driver side tube only shows about one inch. its going...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad