• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 83Ranger4wd

1. 83 4x4 gas tank

Hey, So when i bought my truck it had a gas tank installed in the box, i decided i want to install a new tank. My truck is a reg cab long box 4x4 with a carbed 4 cylinder. Im having trouble finding which tank to order, can anyone point me in the right directed on which tank to buy? Thabks...
  2. TK4 Rebuild

sup, so my tranny and transfer case seem to be leaking, not sure how much but there always seems to be drips on the ground after i drive it. the truck is a 83 4cyl manual trans 4x4, so i think it has the TK4 and the bw1350. The transmission shifts fine and goes into 4x4 ok. By rebuild i mean...
  3. Truck wont start!!

Sup, so most of the time my truck fires right up but after it has been raining it does not want to start. usually will start after i come back to it in an hour. im getting gas so it must be spark. any ideas on what to check first?
  4. What Battery

Sup, So the battery i have in the ranger is not holding a charge. I was gonna give a used one a try as i am low on cash right now but im not sure what im looking for in a battery. I gave the wreckers a call and they said they have a small battery that was from a honda civic or something. its for...
  5. Camber adjustment

So my truck was hit last week while it was parked outside my house, scraped right down the drivers side which does not matter to much because i wanted to replace the door, fender etc. but they did push the truck up the curb and onto the sidewalk(3-4 feet). so i need a wheel alignment and i also...
  6. wrong dip stick

Sup, So just did an oil change on the ranger, I swear I just put over 5L of oil in there and its still not up to the full mark. On my old 2.3 i remember it took a 4l jug of oil. The dip stick reads ford e57e-6750-AA. M. Also not sure if my engine is a 2.0l or a 2.3l. Any ideas???????
  7. Clutch noise

Sup, So my clutch has started to make this sqealing noise when i release my foot off the pedal, its not that loud. if i put a bit of pressure on the pedal it goes away, and still runs fine. any ideas? its an 83 ranger
  8. brake line fittings??

Hey, I'm trying to find brake line fittings for my ranger(83), I can't seem to find the right size anywhere. The line to my rear drivers side line fell apart when I tried taking it off the cylinder and the fitting is in pretty bad shape. Any ideas??
  9. Bleeding brakes 83 ranger

Sup, I just replaced some leaking lines on my ranger and now want to bleed the brakes. the front have the bleed valves with nipples but i dont know how to loosen the rear valves. can the rear be swapped to the nipple style?? Thanks
  10. New gas tank options

Hey, So lots of things i have to put right on my truck. fixed vacuum leaks, welded exhaust etc. next is the ghetto fuel tank in the box, not sure what the tank is from. at least it's strapped down and covered with a wooden box lol :) rather than buying another ranger tank i was thinking of...
  11. identify carb!

Sup, new to the forum, just picked up another ranger. Its an 83 4 cylinder 4x4. Im wanting to get the carb rebuilt and new intake gaskets as it has a wicked vacuum leak somewhere. the problem is that i was told by the previous owner that the engine was swapped at some point and he is not sure if...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad