• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 74duster318

1. 74duster318

The gun thread...

If it's in really nice shape, I'd say 600-700 wouldn't be too hard to get. Otherwise average price is a bit less. I don't see nearly as many collectors of the M1917, and sad to say...I don't even have one! I was at Cabela's today, and they had one for $800. Didn't look it over to see the details...
  2. 74duster318

The gun thread...

Ahhh yes, the glorious gun thread! I wonder what genious created this thread...:icon_twisted: It's been forever since I've logged on last, but I figured a new addition to the collection is a perfect reason to get back on here again. Had a great time at the Iola Vintage Military and Gun Show...
  3. 74duster318

Soooo, i'm thinking of getting a rifle.

True, but they've always had an accuracy problem. The M1 is a quality built rifle, even though it was mass produced. It's heavy, yet very well balanced. The 30-06 round carries a great deal of energy out to long ranges, and is very accurate. Being more of a quality rifle, it doesn't have that...
  4. 74duster318

That wouldn't surprise me so much when in combat. They probably had little time for cleaning, if any time at all. Just think of all the dirt, mud, and crud that those guns got covered in... Not to mention the hundreds, if not thousands of rounds, fired between cleanings... Ammunition was...
  5. 74duster318

Yes! And that is probably one of the most important things about garands. Have a certified gun smith take a few minutes and run through it. Check headspacing, throat erosion, muzzle crown, and all the typical garand things (the smith will know). If you don't, you may be buying a polished turd.
  6. 74duster318

There was literally millions of the rifles made in WW2. There's still plenty out there, just have to find a nice one. Any decent gun shop may have a few on hand, and should have absolutely no problem getting one for you. You shouldn't have any issues getting one quickly. If they got one there...
  7. 74duster318

I have two of them. One is a National Match rifle with a serial number from 1944, but a lmr barrel from 53...it's a beauty. The other is from 1944 also, also has a 53 dated barrel but is an S.A....and that rifle has seen some extreme combat. I shoot them pretty regularly, and neither have issues...
  8. 74duster318

That has to be one of the biggest loads of crap i've ever heard. M1's rarely jam. It's easy to jam your thumb in the action when trying to load the clip improperly, but the gun is very hard to jam, unless you shooting garbage ammunition, or overpowered ammunition (bending the operating rod)...
  9. 74duster318

Home defense M14/M1A? Of course... The length of the SOCOM M1A is about right...but you'll be punching through walls with each shot. 7.62x51 is kind of an impractical home defense round unless it's for defending your property at a distance. But it'll kill anything you shoot it with. You may...
  10. 74duster318

Laptop screen issues

I have an HP laptop, and i've had it for about 5 years now, never had any issues...Until yesterday when the screen started flickering, with these little lines shooting across the screen. After a minute or two, the screen went black. I restarted it, and it started with the screen flickering...
  11. 74duster318

Anybody reload?

I've been looking at midway to see what current bullet prices are. Anybody ever use Rainier leadsafe bullets? They are super cheap compared to most other standard bullets, and i'm sure their quality isn't the most perfect out there...but the reviews seem to be pretty damn good. I may end up...
  12. 74duster318

Anybody reload?

Yeah, I figured some factory ammo is cheaper than trying to reload. That's the main reason my buddy is selling the stuff, he doesn't shoot enough to make reloading pay...and factory ammo is cheaper for what he shoots. However, I get around to all the gun shows up here, and have enough contacts...
  13. 74duster318

Anybody reload?

I'm in the process of picking up a reloading set from a buddy of mine, so I can reload my 40s&w and 45acp...and whatever caliber dies I decide to buy later on. Setup will consist of: RCBS Rock Chucker press (single stage) RCBS Powder Pro Scale RCBS Die sets in both 40s&w/10mm and 45acp/gap/ar...
  14. 74duster318

Rough idle after starting, and whining noise.

My truck has been idling rough, soon after I start it. It lopes up and down to the point where it will almost shut off, then the engine will correct itself and run normally for a bit. It does it a few times before it warms up, then it's fine. The other problem is a whining noise that sounds...
  15. 74duster318

The gun thread...

Nothing special with the scope really. It's an M84. Low power, just over 2x. Fine crosshairs. Mounted offset to the left like 88_Eddie said, which allows you to load the 8 round clip.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad