• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 55trucker

1. 55trucker

2009 Ranger AC compressor on all the time

Quite so, personal experience (my vehicle), service manual also dictates the same. I personally do not like the idea that the compressor *needs* to cycle in all those positions (when not in A/C) but some engineer at Ford felt it is necessary to. Defrost is good enough for my purposes.
  2. 55trucker

2009 Ranger AC compressor on all the time

Sounds like a control issue, the low pressure cycling switch is stuck closed or your control panel switch assembly could be at fault. Odd, the compressor should not engage (for cycling purposes) when the selector is set to *floor* but it should engage when *panel* is selected.
  3. 55trucker

Help quick 2.3l alternator

I've been in the position in the past when the alternators regulator failed (75,000 miles) , installed a new regulator pack, cured the immediate issue but that process doesn't cure the worn slip rings. Even tho you've had the unit tested you can't see how much of the slip rings are still there...
  4. 55trucker

Help quick 2.3l alternator

hmmm..........why would you want to purchase a used alternator & one going back that far? There's no guarantee how long anything electrical that old will last, in my opinion you're better off getting a new one or an over the counter rebuilt item.
  5. 55trucker

Front Bumper Impact Strip Color Identification

Odd, I ordered a pair of them 4 years ago, what you see in my pic is what I received.
  6. 55trucker

Front Bumper Impact Strip Color Identification

The impact strips are all grey, ......you could try LMC truck for the strip, they have a decent supply of stock to cover almost all trucks cosmetic needs. But having said that much of their inventory is asian offshore.
  7. 55trucker

Help needed, is my transmission dead

I noted that as well, if the trans fluid is very low that same situation will occur as well, no drive.
  8. 55trucker

Help needed, is my transmission dead

One thing at a time, pull the starter, have a close look at the *bendix* drive. It is on a worm gear, operating properly it should only rotate in 1 direction, it acts like a 1 way clutch, if it will spin in both directions the drive has failed. When the starter engages the drive is forced...
  9. 55trucker

starter ring + grill + wife = @&(%!{>*%#$ !!!

Now imagine 500 of her! :shok: :shok: :bawling::bawling:
  10. 55trucker

Now you've got it:icon_thumby:
  11. 55trucker

One has to be a trekie fan to understand the connection it's a scene from the TOS, episode I, Mudd
  12. 55trucker

Harcourt! Harcourt Fenton Mudd, what have you been up to?? Have you been drinking again??
  13. 55trucker

too many amps

Make use of an LED light bar to keep the load down when in use
  14. 55trucker

Weird Starter problem

Starter circuit failure? inside the solenoid are 2 large contacts & a disc, if the starter (solenoid) is an old well used piece it would not be unusual for the disc & the contacts to have worn away to the point where they no longer close the circuit which enables the armature to spin, so what...
  15. 55trucker

Front Disc Brakes and Rotor 4x4 Ranger 4.0l Auto Locking Hubs Question

Nah, those were the special brake pads that were used on the trucks in the series Baywatch, the lifeguard emergency vehicles had to be able to suddenly come to a full stop in sand. But on a more serious note: to the OP, pull off a wheel, inspect the rotor for size, pay particular attention to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad