• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Recent content by 55trucker

1. 55trucker

A4LD syntetic or mineral oil ?

Mercon is Ford's propriatary brand name. What's the history on the vehicle? how many kilos on the trans?....the current synthetic fluids may not have the same friction modifiers that Mercon/Dexron II has/had 35 years ago when the A4LD came into being. You may find that dropping in synthetic...
  2. 55trucker

A4LD syntetic or mineral oil ?

Where you are there in Belgium can you purchase Mercon trans fluid? 1987 - MERCON 1987 Original Mercon ATF (2004 Bottle) Original Ford Motorcraft Mercon ATF. License No. M040901 Original Ford Motorcraft Mercon ATF. License No. M040901 In January 1987, Ford released the original Mercon fluid...
  3. 55trucker

Sagging Bumper

The bumpers are fragile, it doesn't take much of a hit to distort them, the two supports that are bolted to the back of the bumper that allow vertical adjustmant are not really heavy enough to withstand a strike either.
  4. 55trucker

Sagging Bumper

Has the bumper received any sort of impact across the mid section at all? a strike will flatten the bar across the front & at the same time alter the wrap around angle at the ends causing them to swing down.
  5. 55trucker

Headlight clips broke

I know now what you're referring to.......the 3 C-clips at the rear of both headlamps that hold the aiming adjusters in place. One doesn't usually pull out the entire headlamp assembly to replace the bulbs. The passenger side one removes the airbox cover to get access to the bulb retainer. The...
  6. 55trucker

Headlight clips broke

Are you referring to the plastic round retainers that lock the bulbs into place? These do deteriorate with time, they become brittle they break, one gets new ones.
  7. 55trucker

VSS wiring path

Curious...makes one wonder why the harness was replaced, and somewhat incorrectly.....happy motoring now
  8. 55trucker

99 Ranger Bumper Swap for Fog Lights

I mention the issue with the chinese supplied bumpers as I went thru that problem looking for a new replacement for my front bumper. LMC truck is all chinese, no domestic made items (that's why their price is so low), received 2 bumpers from them, didn't fit, sent them back. Tried Amazon...
  9. 55trucker

99 Ranger Bumper Swap for Fog Lights

Does your '99 front have the upper impact strips? all of the 98-00 front bumper will have the recess formed into the bottom of the bumper which accommodates the foglights support. The upper impact bumpers are getting hard to find, whichever bumper you do finally get do a test fit with it, the...
  10. 55trucker

High idle

Could be nothing wrong at all, after *learning* driving habits my 3L will idle near 950 as well. The base is 825 but that rpm will not remain constant after the PCM begins to compensate. The tach also reads approx 90 rpm high at idle. One needs to read a scanner in realtime mode to get an...
  11. 55trucker

Catalytic converter hell

If you have what's under my 98 then the aftermarket assumes that you're going to replace the intermediate pipe behind the cat assembly as well. The OEM cat assembly is all welded back to the intermediate pipe ball & socket flange in front of the muffler. The aftermarket however doesn't...
  12. 55trucker

VSS wiring path

Interesting situation there... Pin #58 is the correct pin for the VSS, you have something there at pin #58, you just don't know where it goes to (seeing as it isn't visible to see where it is going to), if you backprobe & jumper right from the PCM #58 to the VSS harness connect point will your...
  13. 55trucker

1.5L EcoBoost Escape engine replaced

This is a well documented issue with the ecoboost engines, especially the 1.5 manufactured before April/2019, you'll find numerous webpages on the subject & there are legal headhunters out there looking to gather complainants to file lawsuits against Ford on the subject. As far as I know the...
  14. 55trucker

VSS wiring path

Do you want to do this as a temp/test approach? My suggestion to you on that would be to search for the S110/S111 splice point, if you see the blu/y conductor there as well instead of the gry/blk keep following that conductor to see where it (if it does at all) returns to gry/blk. The...
  15. 55trucker

VSS wiring path

Something not right there, 2nd time you've made reference to *pin 64*, the input signal is supposed to be PCM pin 58, the ground side is pin 33. One has to be able to trust the wiring schematics.