4x4junkie's latest activity

• 4x4junkie
    Some of us still prefer to use an on-site search engine rather than a third party like Google, as the on-site search allows more...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Charging Indicator light.
    The initially intermittent, but now steady light sounds to me like maybe the alternator brushes finally wore out and failed, however if...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Bent axle shaft.
    ^^^ Same here. Black, gray, or red RTV all seem to work fine (factory used red on the front 4x4 axle). I would not use blue or clear...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Purchasing question.
    A 3.0L stickshift should have the D35. The 'hybrid' D28 I believe only appeared under some 3.0s having an auto trans.
  • 4x4junkie
    That thing is coming along nicely (and quickly too lol, though with only six months to have it, I can see why). Nice work. I don't...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Pittman arm.
    Yes, 1-5/16".
  • 4x4junkie
    Just to repeat this in case it was missed... They're 33" tires. The stock front end on a '94 will be completely fine with that size...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread What gear to change to?.
    This. Speedo gears went by the wayside for 1998. The speed signal instead comes via the rear ABS sensor & tone ring, which are parts...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Aluminum driveshaft into v6.
    I'm not aware of any driveshaft differences based solely on engine size (even with the 4.0L V6). The differences revolve around body...
  • 4x4junkie
    I would actually 2nd the 4.88:1 suggestion, since you have an automatic trans. A friend of mine had been running 5.13s and 33s on his...
  • 4x4junkie
    The high-pressure line is designed to swivel where it exits the pump, so if that is where it is leaking from, then you have a bad O-ring...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Ranger years/dependability.
    I have to agree, '94 was one of the best years for the Ranger (along with '93). But they are getting pretty old now, so just based on...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Highway 4wd low.
    You'd be surprised at how much slippage tread squirm allows a tire on dry pavement (without any chirping or skidding). I did a little...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Highway 4wd low.
    Not sure if this helps, or just makes it all more confusing, but my theory is that a greater weight load on a tire (or less air pressure...
  • 4x4junkie
    4x4junkie replied to the thread Cb radio questions.
    ^^ I dabbled in it for a bit about 30 years ago, but then said screw it (CB is where most of my friends were, and the people on ham...