• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 45acp

1. On my way to grandmas funeral NO JOKE!

I was on the way to my Grandmas funeral about 30 min ago when my 99 supercab ranger (3.o overdrive auto) just went nuts. the "O/D off " light , ABS light, check engine light all came on and it started making neck snapping jerks between 1st/2nd shift. PRAYING for a quick fix. ( funeral is at...
  2. I just had to say thanks!! for this forum

I'm an older guy - and not in the best of health or finances. I used to consider myself a pretty good wrench. ( built my first dirt tracker when I was 14)But as it turns out this "old dog" doesn't learn "new tricks" very well .. COnsequenty I have been lost on top loaded transmisions, Mass...
  3. preignition "rattle"/"ping"

I'm being plagued with pre ingition rattle when the engine is warm and I accelerate or put any load on the engine when it's in a higher gear. This is a 1999 3.0 with an auto 4sp. ( multi fuel) with only 38K on the clock ( bought it from an old guy that died while I was buying it). I have pulled...
  4. Pwr Window/Dome light won't work ??

Hi.Sure appriciate any ideas on this one. I have a 99 ranger supercab 4 door. It has developed a strange and really annoying problem. The power windows and the dome light stop working ( at the same time). This happens randomly, at any given time, sitting still, moving, running or not and then...
  5. Pwr Window/Dome light won't work ??

Hi.Sure appriciate any ideas on this one. I have a 99 ranger supercab 4 door. It has developed a strange and really annoying problem. The power windows and the dome light stop working ( at the same time). This happens randomly, at any given time, sitting still, moving, running or not and then...
  6. How to deactivate interior light/buzzer?

I just switched from a 94 extended cab 2 dr. to a 99 ext cab 4 door ranger. I really hate the interior light to come on when I open the door ( I tend to sit with the door open a lot) but I still want the light to be functional when I need it. On my old 94, I did the standard fix that I guess I...
  7. CHECK ENG. light stays on after new fuel pump

With no warning the other day my 94 (4.0L, 5sp,) just died on me. When I restarted it, it would alternate between periods of running ok and running rough and stalling at idle (probably 30 seconds of running ok, then 30seconds running bad). WHen this would happen the "check engine" light would...
  8. 94 5sp. leak

94, 5 speed manual, 4.0L, ext cab, I've got a slow leak coming out of the upper section of my tranny, so naturally I suspect the shifter rail plugs. QUestion is - can I get to them through the shifter boot opening (at least enough to do the permatex fix)? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad