• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 3ncrypt3d

1. 4.0 OHV Swap

Apparently I didn’t read this part. I have a manual transmission.
  2. 4.0 OHV Swap

Ok, that’s actually really useful. I was planning on swapping from a 97, because then I can still have OBD2 and it’s just an easier swap I think. I honestly would prefer a 5.0 swap, but as far as I know I’d need a custom trans crossmember and some other goodies to make it actually bolt up...
  3. 4.0 OHV Swap

Currently have a 97 2wd 2.3 Ranger. Engine runs amazing but it’s lacking torque and power. I know if I do the swap I’m gonna need basically a while donor vehicle for the engine trans harness and ecu. I’m not worried about that, because there’s tons of these at my local junkyards. The few...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Engine ticking after warming up

Had to replace the water pump and the thermostat housing, as they were both leaking coolant. Fired it up, runs fine when cold and sounds great. After I reach operating temp, it sounds like the valves are ticking really bad. I’ve always done my oil changes every 3-4K miles, with full synthetic...
  5. Annoying belt squeak

Well, my 97 started doing the dreaded belt squeak. It started after I replaced my alternator. I did put in a 130amp one from a 2004 ranger. I replaced the belt, idler, and tensioner pulleys after that. Still doing it on start up. I’ve tried belt conditioner stuff from the parts store, but it...
  6. 97 2.3 4x4 swap

Been wanting to 4x4 swap my ranger for a while. Before anyone tells me to sell it and buy a 4x4 one, I have a lot of emotional attachment to this vehicle. What I understand I need the crossmember from a 4x4 one. I have a 4 inch lift kit on mine right now, so would that solve that problem? I...
  7. 4.6 2v swap in a 97 ranger

Well that’s good to know. As far as fabricating, I kinda expected that. I wouldn’t mind going with a 5.0, buuuut... I’m getting the engine for cheap. So with the deal I have worked out I’m getting the ecu, harness, 5 speed trans(I forget which one exactly. But I’m going to sell it and get a M5...
  8. 4.6 2v swap in a 97 ranger

Well I’ve decided to was a 4.6 from a 04 GT into my ranger. Getting the engine and transmission for super cheap. I’ve tried reading around on a lot of the threads here, and I only have a couple concerns. One is the motor mounts. Obviously if I really need to I could fab something up. But I...
  9. 97 2.3 turbo setup

I’ve been toying with the idea of turboing my 2.3. Right now, I know I’d have to either get forged internals, or get a t-bird 2.3 turbo. In my area there’s no t-birds with a turbo, so I’d have to get an engine online for ~2500. Would this really be worth it, as opposed to building my current...
  10. 97 2.3 Oil Pressure Gauge Flickering At Higher Rpm

Well, I bought a new sender, took out the inner fender well. The stupid cable was halfway off. I used some channel locks to kinda crush it a little bit, and stuck it back on. The issue is gone now. I was starting to agree with you, because it would bounce when I went over bumps. Thankfully...
  11. 97 2.3 Oil Pressure Gauge Flickering At Higher Rpm

Hey all, Recently my ranger oil gauge has been flickering at higher rpm. It used to do it around 4500~, but now just with normal driving it’s doing it around 3200. I’m not hearing any abnormal noises, but it makes me uneasy to drive when I can see the pressure gauge going down. If anyone has any...
  12. 8.8 regearing issues

I did measure everything before I took it out. I don’t know why but I forgot that I’d probably have to shim it side to side. The pinion shim looks good so far, already checked it with paint and the pattern looks good. Thanks for the response
  13. 8.8 regearing issues

Not sure why, but I decided it would be a good idea to swap out my rear end gears myself. Right now, I have the new pinion in, with a new bearing and the old shim. From what I read, you re-use the old shims, which is what I’m doing. I have that set and it’s “rotational Force” or whatever it’s...
  14. 97 2.3 AC blowing hot air

Yeah, they’re ice cold. Which I’m assuming is good? I’m gonna go ahead and just cut into there and see if it’s the blend door.
  15. 97 2.3 AC blowing hot air

I have a 97 2.3 2wd model. I just replaced a lot of the AC components, since they were either old or leaking. I properly vacuumed and then charged the AC lines. I added 1lb 5oz of Freon, and 3oz of a Freon/oil mix. To me, it feels like the heater blend door is going bad. The actuator does work...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad