• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1great40

1. What is this metal piece called that sits above the spring in the front? Is it often replaced?

I know the thread is ancient but maybe I can help someone anyway. I called the vendor that made the spring tower that wasn't listed to fit the 86 Ranger. He said that he thought the part he sold and what was needed for the '86 chassis were the same except for the location of the mounting holes...
  2. Floor panel replacement, 2005 4x4 4 door

Hi All, I have a really clean 2005 Ranger with a rusted out floor in the drivers footwell. I purchased a floor replacement panel but all the listings I found specify that the part is not for my year truck. It looks very similar with the exception of where the floor kicks up and the seat bolts...
  3. What is this metal piece called that sits above the spring in the front? Is it often replaced?

I’m seeing the same thing on the passenger side on my ‘86 2wd frame. I have not been able to source the spring tower or “ bucket “ as you call it. It seems the replacements start with 1988
  4. 2000 Ranger 2.5 Fan shroud

I have a 2000 Ranger 2.5 non-AC truck.I have the truck apart to repair some collision damage and change the timing belt. The current fan shroud says "not equipped for AC" When I look online, for radiators, there's only one listed for the 2.5. Is the difference in the cooling systems between the...
  5. 86 Ranger brakes

Hello all, first post for me. I have a 40 Ford pickup that I built on an 86 Ranger chassis. The chassis had manual brakes. When I built the truck I put in a new manual brake master cylinder, all new lines, hoses and new wheel cylinders. The calipers, rotors and drums seemed fine so I kept them...
  6. Hello From Massachusetts

Hi, I have visited this site years ago but I don't recall joining. So, Now I'm a member. I have a 40 Ford pickup on an 86 Ranger chassis

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad