19Walt93's latest activity

• 19Walt93 replied to the thread Learn from others mistakes..
    Don't feel too bad about a paper towel, one of my friends rebuilt the 455 in his Olds 442 and did far worse. He took the air filter off...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!!.
    My former diesel tech is a big fan of the 7.3 gas engine, after working on 6.4's and 6.7's the engine bay probably looks empty to...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread Coronavirus.
    Jesse Jackson was outraged that 30% of Chicago's virus fatalities were black people but they only comprise something like 15% of the...
    Variable cam timing can't tell where the cam is positioned and correct it. If the PCM calls for X degrees of movement, that's what it...
  • 19Walt93 reacted to Dirtman's post in the thread Hey Ford!!! Screw you guys!!!! with Like Like.
    Not sayin I completely disagree with you but your now talking about 4 cams, 20 feet of chain, extremely tight valve to pison clearance...
    PSMAC is-or at least was- the Parts and Service Managers Advisory Council, their job was to round up suggestions and problems that the...
    I used to get the hotline involved and open T.A.R.'s, is that process still available? I'd also send PSMAC reports and post on the...
    I fought with Ford over warranty rates,labor hours, and more other things than I can remember for 35 years but I disagree with some of...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread Air Compressor Suggestions.
    I bought mine through a friend who works for Napa. It has a 40 gallon tank and is oil lubed, it makes less than half the noise my old...
  • I'd either leave them on or make some new ones that don't hang down, if the fender is braced "too much" you'll never know, if it isn't...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread Ideas again ??.
    Autozone loves to sell O2 sensors to fix lean codes, don't buy one. "Bank 1 lean" is a symptom, not a diagnosis.Check for vacuum leaks...
  • Thanks, that opens up some possibilities.
  • I was assuming it's the TK transmission because of the whine. The Mitsubishi tans didn't usually whine, the teeth usually broke off the...
  • This is the kind of information I was looking for. It's hard to imagine a 4.0 wouldn't feel more powerful than a 2.9, though. His...
  • I have friends who drive GM's and Toyota's, too, so I'm not going to dump him for owning a 2.9. I thought a 4.0 ohv swap and some...