19Walt93's latest activity

• 19Walt93 replied to the thread Reset timing.
    If you're replacing the chain the gears should be done, too. Never seen a 2.8 that wasn't gear to gear, though.
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread M5OD-R1 advice.
    The EPAS kit in Summit is about $1500, my pump doesn't whine that bad.
  • I bought a 67 Corvette in the fall of 1973 from a man in Piermont, NH. It was sold new in NH, then sold into VT to a few different...
  • I'm glad it worked for you but I suspect switching from Mercon V to Mercon/dexron would also have fixed it. When Ford stopped selling...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread M5OD-R1 advice.
    If Jiffy lube changed transmission fluid they didn't use Mercon V. One of my former techs got hurt and had to change jobs, he worked as...
  • Not in NH. I wanted to have a title in hand before spending money on the 93 I bought in 2019 and our town clerk questioned whether the...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread CITY DOES NOT LIKE MY RANGER.
    We don't have any rules like that. One of my neighbors has had a Hyundai slowly settling into his lawn for 3-4 years and last year...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread Repair Bed with Aluminum Panels.
    If they use road salt where you live don't do it.
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread swap with a 289.
    A 289 would work if you have one that's a fresh rebuild for free or cheap but an 82 or later 302 is actually a lighter block and the...
  • Not easily. I used to drill into the lock cylinder, screw a slide hammer in and beat the cylinder out, then install a new cylinder...
  • I did NH state inspections from 1972 until 2017 in a shop located a couple of miles from the people's republic of Vt border. We expected...
  • I'd recommend doing some math before you start the project. Going to 4.10's from 3.73's is about a 10% change, if you're changing tire...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread Rear end repair.
    I speak from experience, many years a go I replaced the bearings in the 9 inch on my 77 F150 one Saturday after getting out of work at...
  • By the way, a 2x4 is lumber, your truck is a 4x2, at least that's what they're called in NH. You get an attaboy for not calling your...
  • 19Walt93 replied to the thread Rear end repair.
    The worst the gears will do is whine as long as they don't have chips or major damage, I'd definitely reuse them. Bearings that whine...