• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1992redranger

1. 1992redranger

1990 Ford Ranger XLT Pickup 2D 6 ft - Facebook Marketplace

The post says $3,100! Not bad if everything that's stated is true.
  2. 1992redranger

Can't believe it hasn't sold yet! From the horse's mouth and camera: "ILL START WITH THIS, IF YOU ASK IF "ITS STILL AVAIL" OR IF ITS IN MEMPHIS< YOUR A SCAMMER< GO AWAY> If your legit, ask a question about the truck, listing is current and Ill ADD "SOLD" when its not avail. Or find someone...
  3. 1992redranger

Seems to have been gone through by a mechanic. Memphis, looks like, although the person writing the post doesn't seem to like that detail 👀...
  4. 1992redranger

Wanted In search of: 89–92 Ranger, 2.3L 4CYL, 5 speed manual, 2WD

Maybe! Depends on how straight the body is? Also, it needs to be a 2.3L for the computer to work with my motor (2.3L). Do you have any pictures? The more the merrier—Sanford is quite aways away! Thanks!
  5. 1992redranger

Wanted In search of: 89–92 Ranger, 2.3L 4CYL, 5 speed manual, 2WD

Hey hey! I got a motor, transmission, and rear end ready to go into a 89-92 Ranger (2.3L 4CYL, 5 speed manual, 2WD). I'm in search of a straight body Ranger (89-92) with these specs with blown engine, bad transmission, etc. Any leads would be much appreciated! Western North Carolina area...
  6. 1992redranger

What will a 2.3L 4CYL motor, 5 speed manual transmission, 2WD rear end go into?

Hey y'all, As a result of the flooding earlier this week in Haywood County, NC, the electrical system of my '92 Ranger is done (and so is the truck). My mechanic (who rebuilt the engine) told me that if I wanted to do anything at this point, I could take the motor (2.3L 4CYL), transmission (5...
  7. 1992redranger

Dashboard Instrument Cluster Swap

@scotts90ranger just looked up the Carfax that I pulled when I bought my Ranger and yep! Sure enough it was a very early '92 Ranger. So early, in fact, some might even call it a '91 😜 Regarding your circuit board color comment, indeed: when I pulled out the old cluster, the circuit board color...
  8. 1992redranger

Need help finding a VIN number

Update (better late than never!): The mechanic that did the engine swap for me said he found the VIN number somewhere on the firewall, even though I never found it there myself. I also took my Ranger to the Theft Department at the DMV and they said they were able to get a "partial" VIN off the...
  9. 1992redranger

Thanks for the tips, @RonD ! I went ahead and just replaced the old cluster with the one I got from Ebay to see if the disconnection was in the cluster itself and not elsewhere. Guess what, that did the trick! Now I have all working gauges and a working speedo and odo. Living large (y)
  10. 1992redranger

Hey @RonD thanks for the response and resource! I'll check it out. Yeah, the gas gauge is funny. Its needle is always on the far right end (past the "F" for "Full") and stays in that position whether or not the key is on. The previous owner told me he replaced the sending unit and cleaned the...
  11. 1992redranger

Hello all! The speedometer, odometer, and gas gauge stopped working in my 1992 Ranger, 2.3 4CYL, manual transmission. Lucky me, though, because I found a replacement cluster off a 1990 Ranger, 2.3 4CYL (Ebay listing here). I'm hoping to swap out the cluster myself, but have never done this...
  12. 1992redranger

Thoughts on Centric, Durago, other...? Rotor & Brake Pad Kits?

Hey team! I want to start off this post by first saying that several of the wheel studs on my front rotors (1992 Ranger, 2WD) are bad. 😅 Since I don't want my wheels to fall off, I was thinking of replacing the rotors (and maybe brake pads, too?) and was looking on RockAuto to see what was...
  13. 1992redranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Need to replace my 1992 Ranger engine: 2.3 L, 4 cylinder, 5-speed, floor shifter

Excellent! Excited about the new life this little ranger is going to get! Thank you!
  14. 1992redranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Need to replace my 1992 Ranger engine: 2.3 L, 4 cylinder, 5-speed, floor shifter

Thanks, y'all, this is great! My mechanic and I were lucky enough to find a used 1993 2.3 L Ranger engine at a used parts place so we're doing the swap with that one. However, I do have one followup question for y'all: When examining the '93 engine, my mechanic found a small head gasket leak...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad