• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1989rangerob

1. 1989rangerob

Need insight

Losing power at higher speeds, 3rd, 4th and fifth gear My 89 2.3 liter 5 speed Ranger is losing power in fourth and fifth gear sometimes third at the top end, then it goes into the lower gears. I replaced the fuel sending unit. It feels like the motor is starving for fuel at higher speeds. From...
  2. 1989rangerob

89 2.3 swap bad idle

so I went ahead and swapped a new motor into my truck. Seems like a good motor. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problems I did with the old motor. I cleared the computer and tested it. it comes in with, can't read low rpm, can't read high rpm, TPS sensor, rich 02, MAP sensor, and I think...
  3. 1989rangerob

Swap motor didn't have a thermostat...

I'm wondering if this motor is messed up. It shouldn't be, but... when I started taking it down I saw that there was no thermostat where there should be one. I'm wondering if it was purposely taken out because of overheating/head gasket issues.
  4. 1989rangerob

89 merkur xr4ti into 89 ranger

I have a line on a merkur turbo motor. What will it take to swap it in to my 89 ranger?
  5. 1989rangerob

merkur 89 2.3 turbo

so I have a line on one of these motors and I want to swap it into my ranger. Does anybody know if this is a straight across bolt up application? my truck is the same year and the motors are the same. could you guys please help me, or send me the right place to get help? thank you!
  6. 1989rangerob

89 ranger runs rough and dies at idle.

Did the timing bel already. Top side sensors have been replaced. No vacuum leaks. Suggestions?
  7. 1989rangerob

89 2.3 Running rough and dying at idlehttp://www.therangerstation.com/forums/images/s

89 2.3 Running rough and dying at idle I've done the intake side sensors/gaskets. I took down the mid pipe to see if the cat fell apart and clogged up the muffler. It did so I removed the exhaust from the mid pipe back and installed a new muffler and tail pipe. The motor still ran the same with...
  8. 1989rangerob

Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

I just installed this exhaust system from the intermediate pipe back. I must say the fitment is pretty awesome. once I reinstall the new timing belt I got hopefully it will run nice.
  9. 1989rangerob

1989 ranger fng

Hi all. My name is Rob, I live in Covington Georgia. I just picked up an old ranger and am in the middle of doing the timing belt...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad