Recent content by 1986RangerXL

1. 1986RangerXL

1st Gen Steering

Wasn't sure since I've never owned an old truck like this. I'll start looking over everything
  2. 1986RangerXL

1st Gen Steering

I know these old trucks aren't renowned for excellent steering, but at what point is it a problem? Took the truck out on a highway with some mild turns, and at times I had the steering wheel a full 90 degrees turned, while going 50mph. With a suspension lift and 30in tires, do I need steering...
  3. 1986RangerXL

What y'all think of my new suspension

@Ranger850 From minutes 6:00-7:00 they briefly show the parts and explain what they did. The video also talks about relocating other things
  4. 1986RangerXL

Small idle issue

I'm going to dive into this issue over the weekend but wanted some of your guys thoughts. This might be a dumb question since this is my first standard transmission, but I SHOULD be able to idle in 1st and 2nd gear, correct? The problem I'm having is that while going around a turn slowly (2nd...
  5. 1986RangerXL

@ericbphoto Just went back and looked at a different video, looks like they used a double universal joint
  6. 1986RangerXL

@Ranger850
  7. 1986RangerXL

Chasing Idle/Temp issue after many parts replacements '93 4.0 ohv

I have a 2.9, but my high idle was caused by the TPS. I don't know exactly what you mean by hanging RPMs but the throttle can have hesitation when the TPS is bad. Motorcraft and Hitachi? IACs seem to be the go-to but there are a couple cheap ones that seem to work okay. And don't adjust that...
  8. 1986RangerXL

Wanted 4.10 Gears and 90s Wheels

Anyone have 3.73s laying around?
  9. 1986RangerXL

Fuel Issues part 2

So I thought I had initially checked the inertia switch right, but I didn't. The inertia switch failed and cut power to both pumps I put a jumper wire in and it runs fine
  10. 1986RangerXL

How many old Rangers do you see on the road?

Rustbelt.. I've seen one first gen around, and it was restored
  11. 1986RangerXL

Fuel Issues part 2

Okay, thought the truck was fully sorted out, took it to a scrapyard to drop off some metal, and it died. And it wouldn't start back up. $60 tow and a fresh battery later, I turned the key and noticed.. fuel pump didn't prime. Test lights confirm no power to the high-pressure fuel pump. It is...
  12. 1986RangerXL

1990 2.9 map sensor?

Some 3rd party IACs were pretty junk, so if you have a Motorcraft still in there and it works properly I would keep it. The MAP sensor wasn't a huge issue, so don't see the need it for it But hey it's your truck, if it makes you feel better doing it then go ahead
  13. 1986RangerXL

New Ranger Owner

Welcome to the party
  14. 1986RangerXL

First Gen 85 ranger warning lights to gauges cluster swap?

Ah I see what you're saying now. I didn't even know that was an option. Seems like the '83 to '85 trucks had a bunch of weird things that Ford wanted to try. My '86 has two rows of idiot lights and the gauges I have no idea on this one, maybe someone on here has done it