• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 100Timelord

1. 100Timelord

The Family Ranger

Have you inspected the tires lately? I had really terrible vibration at highway speeds (on my way to pick up a set of spare wheels funnily enough). I thought it was because of a bad alignment/worn suspension components, but it was my tires--they were manufactured in 1997! I put some brand new...
  2. 100Timelord

4R44E--Intermittent Slipping in 1st

Update as of 6/22: Looks like the transmission pan is rusted through--basically, slowly turning into a sponge and letting the fluid seep through. This could be causing fluid pressure issues, owing to the slipping I experienced for a few days and the intermittent whirring transmission in reverse...
  3. 100Timelord

ZERO refrigerant pressure, Hi/Lo

Thanks so much for the help everybody--this is what I love about this forum, you let me ask all the stupid questions I like! I hope everyone's had a great weekend and I wish you all a great week ahead.
  4. 100Timelord

Is that an "unscrew some stuff and swap it out" kinda deal or is it time to take it to the shop?
  5. 100Timelord

Update: Just recharged the system with some UV dye... turns out I probably won't need it. I had it on AC and was switching things around to check the blend door/vent actuators. I had AC, then turned on the heat, then AC again. Once I turned off the engine I heard gas escaping. Here's what I...
  6. 100Timelord

97 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 I have no cold A/C. The heat works, but on full cold it only blows ambient temperature. If a little warmer. I checked the low pressure switch, and there was continuity (not 100% sure I checked the correct plugs since there are four, but there was continuity between...
  7. 100Timelord

TIL My tires are original!

I bought four Kinergy's in 225/70R14. They have the best reviews on Discount tire for the Ranger specifically. I will report back.
  8. 100Timelord

Huh, good to know! Is that tire worth replacing, or since it may rarely (if ever) be used is it just not worth it?
  9. 100Timelord

Exhaust Leak @ Flange After Y Pipe

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=565632&cc=1138159&pt=5836&jsn=331 Would that be this doohickey?
  10. 100Timelord

Exhaust Leak @ Flange After Y Pipe

1997 Ford Ranger V6 XLT I have an exhaust leak directly under the car somewhere in the front wheel area. I believe it is where the y pipe meets with the pipe to the cats/that flange. I can see a whole bunch of orange RTV on the flange like it has been repaired before, but it is rusted the same...
  11. 100Timelord

They were not Firestones, no. I don't remember the brand off the top of my head. The spare is a firestone though, so it's possible the truck came with firestones from factory.
  12. 100Timelord

Actually, continuing this thread--since I am in need of some good 225/70R14 tires, where can I get them? Especially winter tires in that size. I'm not looking for off-roading or mud tires, but a good pair of all-seasons and a good set of 4 winter/snow tires. My local Discount Tire/Tires Plus...
  13. 100Timelord

Yes, this is about what I thought but just wanted to make sure. I had planned to swap out the tires on these spares I just bought for winter tires, but when I had the "duh" moment of realizing my tires were ancient, I just slapped them on muh truck. Of course my whole purpose being on this forum...
  14. 100Timelord

I used to think I only really had to look at tread depth. Boy was I wrong. So I was (serendipitously) driving to buy a set of 4 spare tires/rims for a great deal. It was the first highway drive I was going on, and as soon as I hit 70 for the first time, I knew something was off. The truck was...
  15. 100Timelord

Spongey/Air-y feeling at bottom of pedal

Yes, the rear drums were next on the To-Do list anyways. Thanks for the input, and I'll see what a little tinkering can do. I'm sure gonna need a new can of brakleen!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad