• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 00t444e

1. 00t444e

How common were 2002 FX4's with 5R55W & shift-on-the-fly 4x4?

The electric and manual shift are both shift on the fly. The manual shift is better though.
  2. 00t444e

Lunchbox locker clearance

12 years and not a single issue yet with any of them I have installed.
  3. 00t444e

But did he actually run it that way? I have installed several of those style lockers reusing the factory side washers in all of them except for the Spartan locker since they don't use them. Never checked the clearance on any of them and they have all worked fine.
  4. 00t444e

Try it with the existing washers.
  5. 00t444e

What do you mean you don't have the washers? You use the ones that were behind the side gears.
  6. 00t444e

How is it with both of them in?
  7. 00t444e

Detroit Axle vs TRQ vs DIY Solutions

Detroit axle has never been the good stuff Just go with the TRQ from 1AAuto, lifetime warranty and customer service is excellent.
  8. 00t444e

99 Ranger V8 swap and manual to auto conversion

Why do you want to switch to an auto? Way more fun with a manual and you don't have to worry about the auto going out on you.
  9. 00t444e

(Another) Manual Transfer Case Swap: 2003 FX4 L2 >> 2007 FX4 L2

Unplug the shift motor and tape up the connector, none of the electronics are needed with a manual transfer case. You can splice into the wires to make your 4x4 light on the dash come on if you want to.
  10. 00t444e

Manual locking hub diameter/size?

Studs should go past the threaded portion, not just to the end.
  11. 00t444e

Do you have wheel spacers? Running lug nuts with that little of thread engagement would worry me.
  12. 00t444e

Put a locker in the rear and leave the front open is what I would do. You could swap to an open carrier and put a lock right locker in or go with a Detroit or Yukon Grizzly locker. Don't waste money on a selectable locker.
  13. 00t444e

Pretty easy swap and yes your wheels will fit. I am doing it to mine soon. However you are not going to gain much fuel mileage at all so don't do it for that, and you don't have to do that to install a lunchbox locker either, I have one in the front of my Jeep with a live axle and you don't even...
  14. 00t444e

electric to manual 1354 T-case

That will be the best decision you have ever made. The manual shift is far better than the electric shift junk.
  15. 00t444e

Oversize A/T Tire Experience

4.10 gears and factory 16" wheels are both pretty common on 01 and newer 4x4 Rangers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad